Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.

Coolpost, I lovethe comments. For me personally I love items that clearly make You a better rider and make the bike perform better. Not saying that people who ride shouldn't study and try to master the skill of motorcycle riding,just saying I wouldn't want to ride a nuckle head Harley with a suicide shifter.I can go WAY faster on my 636 then my F2 in the turns(suspension, slipper clutch,brakes, tires etc.)

As for GSXR1000s A,B,C I think its weak at best. From reading test rides You CAN'T change on the fly. C mode makes it slower then a 600 over 50hp loss! And B mode is unstable because it start off like C and switches to A, one of the test riders said in B mode He had it WOTwanting to go faster and then suddenly the power kicked in and the tire kicked sideways. I can see C working as a governer if You let somebody ride Your bike, but why would You let someone ride Your bike that needs a governer on it?

Old 04-12-2007, 05:31 PM

From what I read about it, it seemed like you could change on the fly. It changes automatically from B to A when throttle is cracked wide open. And if your going through tight corners in C and then hit a long straight you wont have the power to keep up or catch the other bikes. So it would seem like you would have to be able to change on the fly.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Banned

So you're saying it's automatic AND manual? This thing keeps getting more retarded. Mind you, the following comments are ignorant, which is to say I have only read about these what has been posted in this thread. I don't care enough to go searching for the answers.

Let's think about this. We're assuming the power switch is good for road hazards such as ice, snow or rain, right? So - you're riding along and you spot a patch of danger ahead, now you switch the button to the proper selection (assuming it's not there already)?

I mean, it switches automatically from B to A when you are WOT? WHY BOTHER CHANGING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Why would you want to have a button to push in a tight corner? Isn't focusing on sightlines, apexes, braking, throttle, body position and upshifting enough to contemplate? Now we need a button to push before entering or after exiting a corner???

I've got to be taking crazy pills. There has got to be a legitimate reason for this thing. I can't believe millions of Yen went into the R&D of this moronic contraption to further take skill out of the game.

Are you flippin' kidding me? Why wouldn't you just take the time and concentration needed to flip the button and ACTUALLY ADJUST YOUR RIDING?!?!?!?!

This is retarded.

Someone PLEASE - find out what this stupid button is supposed to do and why it was implemented in the first place. It's sounding more and more retarded the farther we go.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Banned

a- full boat -claimed 185hp (probably at the crank)
b- acts like a 750 till 97% throttle then full boat
c- 120 hp...like the 600

changes on the fly.

Every noob/poser is gonna by the gsxr-1000 and drive it with the 'C' switch going on...in two weeks he is gonna feel confident and then go full on 'A'. The results will be disasterous of course. Nobody will wait 10,000 or so miles (maybe more...I know I ain't ready yet) before thay are ready to get on a superbike and goose it for real.

Aren't Busas and ZX-14s governed in the lower gears?

I can understand the need/advantages for ABS, maybe even traction control, but this ABC switch is just wrong.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned

I shoulda skipped the rumors and gone straight to a source the first time I read it... My bad.

It's basically a factory installed Power Commander with rider adjustable engine mapping.

The 2007 GSX-R1000 engine management system uses an ECM with four times the capacity used in the previous model. It controls the fuel injection and exhaust systems that contribute to the GSX-R1000’s outstanding engine efficiency. This also makes it possible for the rider to select three engine power settings to match various riding conditions, using a three-way switch mounted on the right handlebar.

The engine mapping varies with each setting, and each map was developed using experience gained building race-bike maps for rainy, mixed or dry track conditions. Switching from one map to another is instantaneous, making it possible for a rider to select one map for one part of a racetrack and another map for another part. The system also allows the rider to select a different setting to suit conditions when tyre grip is reduced, or to choose one map for a high-speed racetrack and a different map for a tighter racetrack.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned

It also has nothing to do with riding conditions, per se, rather track-like conditions - not weather or road hazards.

Also, whoever is getting the information and passing it along needs to do their homework first. There is nothing about 600cc, 750cc or liter bike power at the touch of a button - that's retarded and I should have realized that from the get go.

Also, whoever started this thread needs their thread-starting priviledges revoked for one week.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Banned

Also, I have seen nothing of 180+ horse on the GSX-1000R - where'd you get that number?

Also, I was under the impression the Suzuki had the least horsepower of all the 6oocc bikes at somewhere around 103bhp.

You're numbers are inflated or created - either way they're wrong. 600RR's and R6's share the same HP (108bhp)while the ZX6-R (not suprisingly... the 636cc) leads with somewhere around 115bhp.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:46 PM

I know they mentioned a lot of this stuff in the last issue of motorcyclist magazine, but I have to say enough is enough with this topic damn![sm=closed.gif]

Old 04-13-2007, 12:09 AM

Motorcyclist Mag. System is called S-DMS(Suzuki Drive Mode Selector). Mode A is 1000. B is similar to 750. C is 600. Tweaks to motor add up to 4 percent increase to a claimed 185 horsepower, with peak power now arriving at 12,000 rpm-1000 rpm higher than last year. Yes it is for track use. And we are talking about a 1000cc not a 600cc. Even the 06GSX-R1000 had more horse than the CBR1000RR.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Banned

Link?

That completely contradicts the information I've found. If there is no link, you have a scanner to show us the article?

Quick Reply: GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.