Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.

Too bad the A B C does not change just the power within the rev range rather than over all power output.For an example, by changing the bike to be faster at low rpms or mid rpms rather than high rpms.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Love all of ya ... but this is the biggest bunch of squid talk, I've ever heard. Those excluded... prob. know who you are...I feel like give'n up here... Cold tires, rain, less than warm engine, down a notch to match your worn tires... maybe better gas milage. the whole idea, is to match the circumstances of rider/ conditions. Dirt racers, road racers/ high end street cars... they see use in it... what a bunch of seasoned acomplished Rossi's (exclude those that are) all that ride'n at 10/10th FEW, are even aproaching, ride'n a 1000, to that level...on the street. If you think you do... you are in jail, dead or a liar/ or just,"fast for you" I bet some might entertain the suspension "gimick" of more than 3 clicks, radial brakes, usd forks, remaping w/ a computor... they actualy said," there was no advantage to developing disk brakes for cycles" How many of you wish you had a "button" to alter the power... when you finally let your whin'n dumb *** brother in law, ride your bike!!!! what??, nobody admit to have'n a smaller cc/power bike destroy you, inwet weather, while you s*** your self !!!!!! The whole idea of this detup, being a gimick, to get noobs on 1000's... never even crossed my mind. Launch harder, less spin, change into more power... sounds easier for many. The zx1400 has effectivly done this below 6k. Smooth/ skilled, is fastest. For some not needed or desired...but the lopsided bash of this idea, is pitiful. Your friend, Ripp'n ( still free,still clean)

Old 04-11-2007, 04:02 AM

I'll have fun bashing Gixxers with all you but I would have to disagree with most of you and say this is a dope idea. I love how far computer programming has come withengine management. Like someone posted M mode on the M5 is basically the same concept. My boost controller on my Mazda allows me to to run a high/low boost and fine tune the high/low. Fuel injection, ABS,drive by wire, air bags,and now power modes. This is what thinking outside the box produces and it just keep progressing. Soon traction control will be standard on all bikes and like it or not it's called technology. It may not be for you but don't knock it till you ride.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

Engine mapping. Useful? For 90% of the population. Would I install one if I had a nice shiney bike? Yeah but only if I got the LCD for the PC because it looks cool.

Dual disc brakes and a button to regulate power are two totally different things. Advances in technology have given us much to appreciate on sportbikes. Slipper clutches are lame to me. I don't think they should be used in racing. The traction control is even lame to me. I mean, all it does is allow for complacency. It seems as though sportbikes are heading towards that area where anyone can get on it, hammer the throttle, jam on the brakes and downshift without knowing hot to do so properly and all the while their bike stays upright and in, "complete control."

I think it's ridiculous, as I've already said. I like knowing that my high speed downshifts in a corner are effected through thousands of miles of experience. Same goes for my ability to twist the wrist and keep control. Same for threshold braking.

And to top it all off - Rippn', it seems you're assuming that this ABC control is an on-the-fly adjustment which I have a hard time believing. If it is, MAYBE it has it's place. But even then it's one more thing to take your concentration away from the bikewhen you could apply that concentration to actually using your right hand to do the talking instead of a button.

Alas, it seems like another bell to match the whistle. Next thing you know they'll come out with neon lights standard. It's all just nonsense to me. If you weren't talking to me then... it doesn't really matter! Haha, my opinion is the same regardless and I think I'm right.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:50 AM

I want a "Wife wants to ride the bike" switch hidden somewhere.... Hmm, Maby i could get that stoppie button mentioned earlier also! Do the make a shift while in a wheelie button? then I could stop practising! SWEET! all the girls would be on my nuts! You know what the do need though? A "warm up switch" so all the Squids around killeen can just run right outa the theater, jump on their bike and bounce the revlimiter a dozen times, then ride the clutch outa the parking lot with the tach peged and not do any damage to their bike...cause thats how you get the hunnies, hitting redline at a stop! Oh yea! I love technology and more do-dads!!

Old 04-11-2007, 12:29 PM

'scuse me but have i just been transported to a suzuki forum?
I haven't seen the system, i ride a Honda, but it might not just be about horsepower, engines can be tuned to be more grunty with the power and torque low down the rev. range or peaky and revvy with it all happening at the top end. or inbetween as a compromise. This might just mean you will have to compromise less. i guess i'll never know, did i mention i ride a honda?

Old 04-11-2007, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw
Would I install one if I had a nice shiney bike? Yeah but only if I got the LCD for the PC because it looks cool.

Wow just when I think I can't possible look at your comments and say this has got to be the dumbest thing I've read..................................I'm so happy Ican still be suprised.

ORIGINAL: highmilage
but it might not just be about horsepower, engines can be tuned to be more grunty with the power and torque low down the rev. range or peaky and revvy with it all happening at the top end. or inbetween as a compromise.
Hopefuly this will bea step of maybe getting an effective i-VTEC system on a VFR other than just the two valve/four valve VTEC system they have now. Maybe even trickle down to the 600s. The advancement of technology usally produces some cool modifications.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

The point was, smartass, is that I am in that 90% majority who has no need for such bells and whistles. And that if I was going to drop $300 on a PC that I wouldn't need, I might as well spend another $200 and get the fancy LCD bitch.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

......Soon traction control will be standard on all bikes and like it or not it's called technology.

"Traction control? Everybody was born with two, learn to use them." - Dodge Viper development team.

Just screwing with you though, I know eventually technology will completely take over everything on bikes anyway, like..........

- Throttle-by-wire
- Brakes-by-wire
- CV Transmissions
- Airbags
- Traction Control
- Adjustable Engine Control Settings
- Stability Management

.....etc.....etc.....etc......

I did say I'm claiming "retardation" on this.....(unless someone else has a logical, well thought-out explanation supporting this as a "good" idea.)

You brought up some valid, well-thought out ideas supporting this as a "good" idea. Well done. Made me sit back and think about it some more.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:58 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Engine mapping. Useful? For 90% of the population. Would I install one if I had a nice shiney bike? Yeah but only if I got the LCD for the PC because it looks cool.

Dual disc brakes and a button to regulate power are two totally different things. Advances in technology have given us much to appreciate on sportbikes. Slipper clutches are lame to me. I don't think they should be used in racing. The traction control is even lame to me. I mean, all it does is allow for complacency. It seems as though sportbikes are heading towards that area where anyone can get on it, hammer the throttle, jam on the brakes and downshift without knowing hot to do so properly and all the while their bike stays upright and in, "complete control."

I think it's ridiculous, as I've already said. I like knowing that my high speed downshifts in a corner are effected through thousands of miles of experience. Same goes for my ability to twist the wrist and keep control. Same for threshold braking.

And to top it all off - Rippn', it seems you're assuming that this ABC control is an on-the-fly adjustment which I have a hard time believing. If it is, MAYBE it has it's place. But even then it's one more thing to take your concentration away from the bikewhen you could apply that concentration to actually using your right hand to do the talking instead of a button.

Alas, it seems like another bell to match the whistle. Next thing you know they'll come out with neon lights standard. It's all just nonsense to me. If you weren't talking to me then... it doesn't really matter! Haha, my opinion is the same regardless and I think I'm right.

what he said

Quick Reply: GSXR-1000 A, B, C power switch.