Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

gixxers

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did ride a GSXR 1000 K3 one time, my good friends, and it was rather comfortable, nice power (it is a 1000)... but other than that I don't what the hype is. Maybe people reading sportbike magazines when Suzuki is getting good reviews?? I really don't know.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
The R6 was nicer than the GSXR's but it felt was jumpy with the power. Not a smooth delivery.
what else did you think about it, cuz im infact looking at one to buy just wanted to get a brief review on it

Old 08-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You gotta realize that Suzuki had their own dynasty for a while. Back in the days of the 750 sled and a little bit afterwards (maybe till around 2000 or so) they had built up the image of having the edge in power over their competitors... established stigmas have a tendency to stick around.

What I don't get is why people have such a negative image of gixxer owners. I think any bike can attract "squids" and I've met "hardcore" riders who swear by their gix. Plenty of them are put to the test on the track and imo any bike that is sold by the boatload and as a result offering a large market for cheap replacement parts fits the bill for a good track toy.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by TheCult
what else did you think about it, cuz im infact looking at one to buy just wanted to get a brief review on it
I felt more upright on it which made made me not as comfy in corners due to a higher center of gravity but then again the bike wasnt set up for me 145lbs. The guy who had it was near 190-200lb range. Other than that when i hit the gas it seemed like the low end wasnt there. Maybe its just me though. Hope that helps. All i can say is find one and try it yourself. I almost got a R6 before i sat on my first honda. They just fit me better.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
I felt more upright on it which made made me not as comfy in corners due to a higher center of gravity but then again the bike wasnt set up for me 145lbs. The guy who had it was near 190-200lb range. Other than that when i hit the gas it seemed like the low end wasnt there. Maybe its just me though. Hope that helps. All i can say is find one and try it yourself. I almost got a R6 before i sat on my first honda. They just fit me better.
ye i sat on an 09 and loved it thats why i joined this sight i was planning on getting it but now im stuck on the two.. and R6 is known for having no low end

Old 08-17-2011, 03:23 AM

My friend rides a K7 Gixxer 1000 and it's an awesome powerbike. Quick as **** (185 horses I believe) but quite uncomfortable (then again, I ride banana seats) and it feels a bit off to me. I love the sound of it with the stock exhaust and you really feel the power, even at idle. It barks at you and it's a nice blast bike but I wouldn't want one.

My F4 lacks power for him but he was very surprised and said that it was so crazy smooth. The second time he rode it he mentioned the smoothness again and he really likes that. I told him to get a 7'+ blade but his heart is set on the S1000RR.

I'll try to get a picture of the following this weekend, there is a spot in town where a bunch of bikers meet. 5 out of 10 are busa's and the rest is pretty much Gixxers, some Honda's. an R1/R6 sometimes and a few naked bikes. I think most of the bikes are Suzuki's though. The thing is, the whole group is a 'certain type of people' and they all seem to ride the same stuff.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by raylee
What I don't get is why people have such a negative image of gixxer owners. I think any bike can attract "squids" and I've met "hardcore" riders who swear by their gix. Plenty of them are put to the test on the track and imo any bike that is sold by the boatload and as a result offering a large market for cheap replacement parts fits the bill for a good track toy.
This^
I do get joking around and picking on others because they dont' have what you have, the little rivalries. Though the all out bashing of a product astounds me.

Zuks are nice bikes, just like Yamas and Kaws. Yes all have their own personal little flaws that make them unattractive to your personal taste but they are obviously doing something right to be on a competitive edge, performance wise along with sales. Ride a bike and experience it for yourself before preaching your opinions.