Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

gixxer lowsided right in front of me

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gixxer lowsided right in front of me

so me and the fam was in my F250 heading to the mall today when I got to see a Gixxer lowside in front of me. I was sitting in the turning lane to make a left turn and had to wait for the traffic to clear before I could make my turn. Over on street I wanted to turn into is a right and left turn lanes, in the right lane was some car, and in the left lane was the guy on what I'm pretty sure was a new GSX-R1000. The temp out today was in about the mid 40's, so he did have on jeans, gloves, jacket (factory race type) and helmet (VA state law) but had skater shoes on. After the traffic cleared I stayed stopped to let him go, even though I had the right of way. (I'm so nice lol) He takes off, makes it about five feet and next thing I knew the bike was sliding on it's side, he's sliding rolling and on of his shoes was flying through the air. I put my truck in park getting ready to help, he pops up runs over to his shoe puts that on real quick then picks bike up........and over and back on the ground on the other side oops. He's got his bike back up, insisting he's ok, and was in process of starting the bike when I got over to him. He takes off with a little pride lost, a few new scratches, and at least one broken part that went flying off not to be seen again.

My guess was, cold temps, cold tires (speculating) and too much bike for the rider is to blame. He was lucky though that no cager ran over him while yapping on their cell phone.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could just be cold tires. I'm not riding cause my tires are old and losing more traction than they should.

Slipped the rear under 15 mph on a 55 degree day. Don't wanna think what they'd be doing when it's 32 degrees first thing in the morning Of course I didn't go down tho. Ororo wouldn't let me

Old 12-04-2010, 07:20 PM

Sounds like he was in a hurry to get out of there. Lol. Probably not lisenced?

Old 12-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Sounds like he was in a hurry to get out of there. Lol. Probably not lisenced?
I figure after being embarrassed for laying his bike down in front of a bunch of people and blocking traffic in all directions he just wanted to go hide in a hole for awhile. Now if he had his class M or insurance is anyone's guess.

Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 PM

yeah +1 to that Frozen, if I did that and I was fine / bike would run, i'd be high tailing it out of there with what little was left of my pride.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:12 PM

i agree...ive lowsided and my first instinct is to get up and out of there haha

Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the DC area and about the same temp. The other day I hit it a little hard on the my bike and my rear tire was spinning for a good block on a cold tire. Gotta be careful out there with all the leaves and cold temps. It's easy to break the tires loose.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:25 PM

Aw poor guy. He was prolly real embarrassed. I bet he was just thinkin about who was watchin him and not paying attention to what he was doing. Poor GSXR too. lol

Old 12-05-2010, 11:47 PM

The first time I dropped my bike (greasy spot at a toll booth;couldnt keep my foot from sliding away) I kinda did the same thing.

When I lowsided last month I got up real quick and got my bike back up. Then I took time to go over myself and my bike before I did anything else. All the while I marveled at how of all the cars in the vicinity no one had the time to stop and see if I was okay. One of the ******** even had the time to call the cops but not to stop and see if i was alright.

(this was also a cold tire lowside-non torque related. Just lost my hookup)