Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

General Rant...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default General Rant...

I'm a very very passionate person, and when I'm irked I usually have a lot to say. Today, I was riding with my girlfriend while she was driving my car. On the way home, while stopped at a light that has a dedicated right lane for turning, some idiot in a red mini van realized they were in the wrong lane, and decided that since I'm on a bike, it's all fine to push me off the road. I saw them coming from a while back, as I was communicating with my gf behind me. I was so aggravated... I almost smacked the car, it was that close. Then they take forever to actually get in front of me, and proceed to go 25 in a 35 to pull into a church. I hope whatever god they believe in see's the fail and realizes that it doesn't need useless, worthless scum like that and smites them good and well... SMITE THEM ALL!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Points for using "smite" in an offtopic post.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been told I have an evil look in my arsenal of non-verbal communications. And I've been told now that I ride, that look is downright chilling with my helmet on. A friend said "It's like you're staring into my body, trying to visualize the damage the bullet will do". Told him that's pretty much exactly what I'm doing. When people do stupid things and are trapped by the light, I've ridden up next to them and given people that look. I've watched soccer moms squirm, teens begin mouthing apologies and tards hang up phones.

But it's not exactly the safest thing to do. Some people are simply broken and getting called on their own stupidity makes them angry. Any confrontation, even non-verbal ones like I use, means you gotta be ready to react. Either ready to get the hell outta there or drop your bike and defend yourself.

I won't take Classic's approach (tho I'd love to kick the mirror off of many cars). It would completely destroy the 'fear for my life' defense in a court of law. When you don't say anything, don't even make a guesture... Well then it's open season on their *** and no bag limit if they escalate

Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say that I'm w/ CBRclassic on this one. I've been told that I'm too nice of a guy but on the road, this changes...& for good reason. Its my life that's at risk! You have to be defensive out there...its your life! Let the cagers pay the stupid-tax of a dented door or broken mirror if they come over on you. Maybe that will help them remember to be more observant & save the next motorcyclist.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:15 PM

sometimes i laugh when someone almost hits me and I just wag my head. but im thinking of trying classic's idea and be more aggressive for my well being

Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When someone cuts me off I typically make it a point to get up alongside em and either point at my eyes or flip em the bird. It just kind of depends on how blatant it was. I always lay on my horn (which is a freakin joke, I want an air horn on my bike...) and come up on em and make sure they know they wronged me. What really gets me is the people that act like I'm the arsehole for being there... like I am responsible for him almost pushing me onto the shoulder because he couldn't take the 1/2 second to look in his blind spot before changing lanes. Grrr.... Unfortunately there's just a lot of drivers who don't understand how much power they wield behind the wheel.. I feel your frustration dude.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:48 PM

It seems to be a huge trend down here in miami... Twice again today...

I think I'm going to take a leaf out of your pages.....

Old 10-09-2009, 12:09 PM

Please feel free to blame all the squids out there that ride wheelies next to or cutoff said mini vans and cause these people to act this way towards all 2 wheel riders even us responsible ones.