Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gamestop risked their lives today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Xbox is for n00bz. PS3 FTW

Old 11-08-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
The prestige edition comes with the real life r/c car. All versions will have the one in the game
oh thank god. the real r/c car doesnt happen to come with explosives does it?

Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nickp123
oh thank god. the real r/c car doesnt happen to come with explosives does it?
If it did, I'd have ordered a dozen. Need to clear some parking spaces on my street

Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 PM

well unless it goes fast or goes boom im not interested. As for clearing out those parking spaces.....whats it worth to ya?

Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 AM

According to UPS:
PHILADELPHIA, PA, US 11/10/2010 12:14 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

Mysteriously both the VW and Ororo refused to start this morning

Old 11-10-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Yeah Xbox is for n00bz. PS3 FTW

im taking my vote back for rotm!!!...lol......for that comment

Old 11-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by crashking
What, you haven't heard the latest conspiracy theory?

The Xbox 360 Kinect is even racist! "Is Kinect Racist? Consumer Reports says no".

Don't support Microsoft's intolerance! The only color Sony cares about is GREEN

Old 11-10-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by crashking
Nooooooo!!!!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:22 AM

J/k ^^

I stayed home from work tuesday and played all day... now im just waiting for my internet to get hooked up and im back online b*tches

Old 11-10-2010, 05:12 PM

Ah well... Gamestop didn't kill themselves. They killed their business... from me at least.

UPS had the package out for delivery until the driver suddenly decided the shipping info was missing an apartment #. Yes, I do live in an apartment. But it's a converted duplex. And my door, private entrance onto the street, is the official street address. No apartment # needed for deliveries. That's UPS' problem and they already got cussed out for it.

But because the driver entered the exception, they needed updated shipping info from the shipper to make a delivery. Till they get that info, it goes back to the office and sits. Unacceptable. I call Gamestop to have them correct the shipping info with an unnecessary apartment # and...

They tell me they're unable to update shipping after it's left their warehouse. In this case, when UPS is requesting updated address information they have no way to respond (according to the phone jockey). And won't contact the shipper to update the address information to complete delivery (again according to the phone jockey). So the phone jockey gets to go dig her supervisor up because I find bullchit impossible to swallow. During the hold music I hop over to Best Buy's website and pick out another Prestige Edition for in store pickup. When her supervisor gets on, she tells me the exact same thing. They can't do anything.

*shrug* Don't really care anymore because I've already received an email saying to pick up my copy at any time (and still haven't seen a charge on my credit card). So I tell her "Whatever. Cancel the order". She says no problem as soon as UPS makes 3 failed delivery attempts, they'll cancel the order and refund my credit card.

*blink* UPS isn't going to attempt any more deliveries because they're waiting for a response from Gamestop now. I tell her this and her response is
Well when we don't respond, eventually they'll send it back to us and we'll process the order cancellation then
Ok, now she's wasting valuable driving time with blatant stupidity. And I ask her if she knows how stupid it sounds to think a customer would sit around indefinitely with no product and no money while the shipment waited in limbo for a response that was never coming. When she said it didn't sound stupid, I ask asked for her manager.

Her manager was in a meeting and would give me a call when she got out. Cool & Peace, now get off my phone so I can start driving Coincidentally, her manager calls as the girl at Best Buy is handing my bag. She apologizes for her subordinates' confusion and tells me if I'd provide the new address info, she'd update UPS immediately. I rustle the bag near the phone and say "Hear that? That's my copy, purchased with no fuss from Best Buy". She says so if I didn't want their copy, she'd have UPS send theirs back and process a refund immediately (thought they couldn't change shipments after leaving the warehouse).

Got my game, got a refund in process (strangely) and.... Got a low battery warning on controller 1 right after hopping on the plane in Cuba

Last edited by Kuroshio; 11-10-2010 at 05:14 PM.