CBR 600F4 1999 - 2000 Honda CBR 600F4 Forum

She lives!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile She lives!

My buddy had to come over and hook his truck to the triple tree and pull her up the hill next to the house (battery is dead, going to get a new one and a battery tender after dinner). I did the ol' pop the clutch in 2nd or 3rd gear trick and by no means did she fire right up per say but after a few times down the hill she fired. Man was that motor full of moisture it was ridiculous. She started to miss once she got some heat in the motor and if you tried to turn the 'choke' off or give it throttle she immediately died but I think that is because the carbs badly need to be tuned. Hopefully I will be able to get a carb tuner or find someone here in town who has one but other than that I am very proud of myself. First time working on a bike, I took on a huge project and completed it. Just wanted everyone to know. Battery + carb tune = no prob now.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM

So I had my rear brake line leaking like crazy so when I removed it, its a Galfer Braided line by the way, I rotated the master cylinder side banjo hole around 180 to give it a better fitment. i put the master cylinder banjo bolt back in with a washer just above and below the banjo bolt as it is supposed to be took it to snug (no torque) went to do the same to the caliper side and this occurred. Its always something with this bike

Last edited by 74demon; 12-06-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats getting it going.

Its "always something" when the previous owner didn't do routine & regular maintenance.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome.. Get ready for the spring!

Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 PM

I really need some assistance here. So I have the Cali bike which I have done the emissions mod on and there is this little guy
(further back so you can see where on the bike)

What is that? CJardine I could really use your knowledge on this one.

It seems like it had a serious vacuum lock on the fuel system and I am not sure what it is, I thought it was part of the emissions system but now I wonder. I took it off and the bike ran like a champ, with it on there the bike will run but only with it fully choked and no throttle.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:10 PM

The it I was referring to was a piece of rubber tubing like the one with the penny you see in the picture there.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

you def want that plugged in. It is your crankcase breather tube and it should vent back into your airbox. make sure everything is clean in your airbox. check your vacuum lines and make sure that they are all hooked up or plugged up; there are 5 total two for the first and one for the rest.

The crankcase breather goes straight from your engine so you don't want it exposed to dirty air.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Thanks man I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't idol anymore and that would be why.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:45 PM

Congrats man,

Shame about the Banjo but I agree there is always something, Jess's PO seriously neglected her too

Old 12-09-2012, 03:37 PM

Yeah def no worries about the banjo bolt Glafer called me the next morn and basically said that they hadn't ever seen one do that, he was especially annoyed because unknown to me but Galfer considers their braided lines 'race' lines so he was pretty annoyed with what happened. He was going to pay the local Honda shop for a OEM Banjo bolt + send me the replacement bolt from Galfer but the shop wouldn't let me pay for the one they gave me so yeah. All is well in my F4 world once again.

Quick Reply: She lives!