Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

freedom of speech.......

Old 11-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default freedom of speech.......

I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply to the intenet.

the reason I say this is because I am also member of a nother forum and I was trying to promote this forum and this the response I got and my response back.

Originally Posted by .OrgOwner
Hi bignibb,

The post that you created in the following thread has been deleted

-----
Post ID: well there are 2 places I spend most of my time online, here...
Thread: i wanna win.......
Reason: promoting another forum
-----

This is an automated message, sent to keep you informed of any moderator action on your posts. There is no need to reply unless you have questions or concerns. Thanks!

I really can't believe you actualy deleted my post because I was actually talking of another forum, well that's ok it is your forum and you can do what you will but I won't be posting here for that very reason. I always though that these forums were meant for the betterment of the masses and not that of the individual. I also didn't know that I didn't have the right to express a though or an opinion that the moderator didn't approve of. the klu klux klan has the right to spue hate and such but I can't promote another forum which might have information that may benefit another rider? I m going to post this on the other forum to see if they are small minded morons as well.

well I guess ill just be hanging around here from now on!

Old 11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: freedom of speech.......

Well I must be honest, we do similar things here, too. Wehave someguys pm'ing our members asking if they want to moderate on another site. Ifa person is promoting signing up on another site, they are promoting our members going elsewhere, and we aren't overly excited about that. I'll bet you would find that at most forums, though. We do appreciate the plug, though.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:23 PM

i know what you are saying. think of these terms,that forum is open to the public but its not a public owned entity. that forum is used for displaying information to whomever and they might need revenue(sponsership) to pay for their hosting +etc. that why they dont want to refer anyone somewhere else.
its like this, you are macys and you are putting up adds in your stores that say that sears has the same if not better ****.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee

not exactly, I go to both, I don't purchase from either. I usually check both forums through out the day so I'm not really sure how that would hurt them but I have been to autozone and they not have what I needed and they refer me to advace.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:10 PM

youre right, some businesses will give you some help if they cant do anything for you. i guess they realize that the transaction is lost anyway so might as well give some help. just my opinion.

this all goes toward whomever is running the business/forum. if they want to ackknowledge and encourage comptitors then they do it, if they want to dismiss them then they have the right to do that too, i guess.

email the forum and find out why was it taken down.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:18 PM

most forums do it, nothing new at all

Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Saying that you go to another forum shouldnt be bad. Now, saying that you go to another place cause they have better info, people, blah blah. Ya, that can be disrespectful.

But still I dont know anyone that cancels their membership and goes somewhere else. They always stay members. Hell go to tons of different forums.

Bikes: 5
Car: 3
gun: 2
misc: 1

I may not go as often to some of them, but I'm still a member and still look around.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: alekinci

i know what you are saying. think of these terms, that forum is open to the public but its not a public owned entity. that forum is used for displaying information to whomever and they might need revenue(sponsership) to pay for their hosting +etc. that why they dont want to refer anyone somewhere else.
bingo. there's nothing wrong with what you did OR what they did but instigating freedom of speech into it is like pulling the race card. the autozone analogy is also a stretch; a business employee selectively choosing a situation to refer you elsewhere is a far cry from a customer standing in the middle of the store with a sign to refer people elsewhere. many confuse freedom of speech as applied by the gov't to public companies/organizations etc.. it does not apply to privately run entities .. they can choose what you can and cannot say so long as it does not violate certain laws, but i'm not a law expert so paging ffingers basically, you have every right to say what you want but they have the right to put a stop to it if they so choose. not to trying to be impolite, just saying

Old 11-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Retired Moderator

We have sponsors that pay the bills. They have expectations of this site, to include nothing offensive, and I'm sure...keeping their current members current. If we allow people to post how cool all the other forums are and how to sign up for them, then we could lose some of our members (actually I'm not really worried about that because we are the COOLEST forum ever ). Anyone is free to look around on their own, but we don't want to advertise forsomeone else. Anyway, hope that clears is up a little more.