Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best Man Speech

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Man Speech

I am the best man in my friends wedding in couple weeks. I have nothing! I just want the speech to be short and simple (I dont want to go on for 10 mins like some people...) I need somewhere to start and maybe I can get the ball rolling. Anyone have some good lines?

Old 10-13-2006, 01:48 AM
Default RE: Best Man Speech

Speech Builder

This may help, i just did a quick search for it

Oops, just realized you had to pay for it, there is a try it for free button though...sorry

Old 10-13-2006, 02:19 AM
Retired Moderator

Trans,
Coming from the other side recently, my best man wrote down ten questions for my bride and I to answer. Things like: how did you meet, what is something your partner does to make you laugh, what is an embarassing moment, etc. From that, he made a great speech and added his personal observations. It may help to have a little more background on BOTH of them, and then add how you feel about the groom, and pleasantries about the bride, and there you go...

Old 10-13-2006, 02:53 AM

Just dont do what I saw at one wedding where the best man had a polaroid of everyone at the strip club the night before. As you can imagine that went over like a fart in church.....

Old 10-13-2006, 12:11 PM
VP

Just dont do what I saw at one wedding where the best man had a polaroid of everyone at the strip club the night before. As you can imagine that went over like a fart in church.....
Wow that sounds like more of a college prank than anything... pretty ballsy or pretty friggin stupid

Old 10-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was the best man at my bros wedding a few years back. it wasnt until the rehearsal dinner that one of his friends asked me "Got your speech all ready?" I was like WTF, What speech? I didnt even know i had to give one. so two days online looking at pre written speeches, I took a line here or there and changed it all up.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:02 PM

Heres a good tip I've seen done at a 1 million dollar wedding. The best man was brother with the bride. He had a substance abuse problem and he drank to much. He was about 3 words into his second sentence but he was standing next to the bride. He got this huge grin/smile on his face and began to say...'Little sister you've always been...' then he proceeded to projectile vomit green nacho avocados and shrimp cocktail all over the newlyweds. It was hilarious to say the least.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:11 PM

haha thats to funny. I have searched and found a couple things online... but most you have to pay for. I knew them from high school and when they meet so I know that whole story and might throw it in there somewhere. I'm kinda looking to see if anyone had any good opening or closing lines that I might consider.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:37 PM

Close to on topic, but during another wedding for a cousin, she was in the middle of her vows, the whole in sickness and death part, she is bawling, she reaches into her dress and pulls out a wad of kleenex. I can only hope that happens sometime where someone can add that into the best man speech.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:37 PM

Well my advice is this. Dont wing it because it wont work youll choke (or at least i did) ALSO BIG THING DO NOT FORGET THE RING. People will look!

Quick Reply: Best Man Speech