Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Foxy trashed it.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Foxy trashed it...........

Ouch.... with forks and wheels and everything, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they're probably gonna total it My buddy with the R6 and a very similar accident and damage, they totalled his bike. I dunno though when I went down on the highway back in '05 my estimate was $6000 and they didn't total it[&:] That whole deal was fu**ed up though, and that insurance company (GMAC) was the absolute WORST I've ever dealth with, so I dunno

Old 12-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Aken

It's kinda unclear to me how this unfolded. Did the lady wave the pizza driver out from a driveway or some other sort of non-legal-street thing from the side?

Either way it sucks. I wish I could get full coverage on my bike but I lack the proper funds, and I'm fairly certain that a salvage title screws that up in some way. (Actually I wish I could get a new bike with full insurance, but hey - we all wish for things we can't have ).
Yep, the lady left a gap between her and the car in front of her. When the light turned green, the other cars already started moving. She held up traffic to let the guy pass. The road is three lanes wide, she was in the middle lane. My lane (the left lane) was clear, and I had a green light. I was doing about 40 (posted speed is 45) because I noticed the stopped cars. I covered the brake the second the dude pulled out into my lane. I had about 2 seconds MAX to do anything. So, instincts got the best of me and I grabbed a handful of brakes. Locked the front wheel (as you can see in one of the pics) This caused the bike to go down the millisecond before it hit the car. I was still holding onto the bike as it hit the car. Luckily, when the bike hit, it snapped back to the left and launched me off to the left, JUST missing the car. I actually think that either my right hand (which is sore) or my right shoulder (which is a little sore) might have struck or brushed up against the front bumper. But I really don't remember. I just remember sliding for a while, getting up and wanting to bash someone's head in.

So yeah, it was primarily the woman's fault for waiving him by without checking the lane, but it WAS his fault for actually doing it. So to me, they're both at fault. The police report has her phone number written down, and I'm still very tempted to call her and give her a piece of my mind.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd buy it back from the insurance and just ebay parts. She can be your "try this trick" bike (not stunter) or a weekend warrior.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:01 AM

Dont call her. She can use that against you. Even if you dial her number and hang up. If she has caller ID she can say that you said this and that.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Ouch.... with forks and wheels and everything, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say they're probably gonna total it My buddy with the R6 and a very similar accident and damage, they totalled his bike. I dunno though when I went down on the highway back in '05 my estimate was $6000 and they didn't total it[&:] That whole deal was fu**ed up though, and that insurance company (GMAC) was the absolute WORST I've ever dealth with, so I dunno

I wonder if how your I guess "premium" is between fixing a the bike with high amount or being totaled and getting a check to buy another bike.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:50 AM

EDITED BY BMG FROM ORGINAL FROM BF
ORIGINAL: Blue Fox
He says it's at least $4500 if he leaves some parts scratched up, but I told him that the bike was PERFECT before the wreck, and the estimate needs to show the bike PERFECT after the wreck.
Know that feeling quite well.[:@]

But, ya gotta stay positive, so...

Old 12-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ LOL. My roommates still can't figure out why I'm so calm about the whole thing. They are surprised the guy didn't leave the scene with missing limbs. But, I simply told them that I strongly believe that a person is defined by how they handle the bad situations in life, not just the good. So calm and collected I'll remain.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

^^ LOL. My roommates still can't figure out why I'm so calm about the whole thing. They are surprised the guy didn't leave the scene with missing limbs. But, I simply told them that I strongly believe that a person is defined by how they handle the bad situations in life, not just the good. So calm and collected I'll remain.

HEY FOX...... THIS IS YOUR ROOMMATE........... WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THAT THOUGHT NEVER CAME IN MY MIND!!!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 06:15 PM

Wow...glad to know you're alright. Let's be thankful for that. Anyways....NEW BIKE!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 07:16 AM
Banned

Gas is cheaper where you are...$2.99 here.

Quick Reply: Foxy trashed it.....