Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Foxy trashed it.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foxy trashed it...........

Hey mate, at least you're alright. I never replaced the fairings after my lowside because I have a feeling the same kind of thing would happen to me. When I lowsided, there was about the same emergency response aftersome goodSamaritanscalled 911. Maybe it's SOP, but I think it's more they want to see a rider splattered on the road. Two off-duty troopers in a minivanwere driving by and heard the call and stopped, they called in we were both (my bro was with me) OK and walking around and said there were 10 units en route along with the ambulance. The meatwagon showed up in about three minutes (hospital was right down the road) but it was another ten until a VSP unit showed up, even one of the two officers said, "What's taking so long?There was a car less than a mile from here!" I guess everyone turned around when they heard no one was really hurt. We had to sign releases for them not to take us to the hospital because state law requires bike wreck victims to be taken to the hospital.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Default RE: Foxy trashed it...(ESTIMATE UPDATE 12/28)

Well, your math appears horribly skewed, but its your money and your decision so whatever.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ How is my math horribly skewed? Not trying to start an argument, but I'm curious by what you mean. And in defense of my previous statements, here's some facts.....

$1000 is a lot of money, no matter how you look at it. So I don't see how that's skewed.

And monthly payment wise........

At 5% interest for a 60 month loan...........$8200 is $155/month. Add $1000 to that and you have a monthly payment of $174.........which is a difference of $19/month. So that's not skewed either. Unless you were referring to a 24 month loan, which is about $44 per month more when you add $1000 to the price.

So I'm still curious, what part of my math is skewed?

Old 12-29-2007, 05:29 PM

I think that you are going to get paid for it... and if you do buy a Repsol. Only a sugestion!

Old 12-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Retired Moderator

I'd get a 600cc Vespa and pocket the difference.

j/k Glad you came out unscathed Fox. I've heard insurance is also supposed to cover gear damage, are they covering your damaged gear and the helmet you slammed to the pavement ([sm=oopssign.gif]) I mean the one that got damaged in the accident?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 PM

I mean skewed in that youre looking at the 1000 like its a lot of money upfront, which because you are financing, is a non issue. You said it yourself, its another 19 bucks a month, which is peanuts. If youre making enough money to afford the bike and things like that sweet trip to Laguna Seca (that was you right?), then I dont see how $19 extraa month is a big deal to get a better looking and newer bike. But, I dont know you or your personal situation, just making assumptions based on what youre looking to spend on a bike. And we all know about assumptions.....

Maybe saying your math is skewed was incorrect now that I think about it. My bad.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:14 PM

Did he say he was looking at a 1000?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:26 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: RichB

I mean skewed in that youre looking at the 1000 like its a lot of money upfront, which because you are financing, is a non issue. You said it yourself, its another 19 bucks a month, which is peanuts. If youre making enough money to afford the bike and things like that sweet trip to Laguna Seca (that was you right?), then I dont see how $19 extra a month is a big deal to get a better looking and newer bike. But, I dont know you or your personal situation, just making assumptions based on what youre looking to spend on a bike. And we all know about assumptions.....

Maybe saying your math is skewed was incorrect now that I think about it. My bad.
No problem man. $19 a month doesn't sound like too much more, but I look at from the point of view that it's debt against my credit more than being a mere monthly payment increase. The more I owe, the more it reflects negatively upon my credit rating. And with me having a couple hefty student loans based purely on my credit, I'm starting to really watch this sort of stuff. Credit scores are more important than anything these days, and I try to keep it as clean as my bike used to be.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Did he say he was looking at a 1000?
No, but I wouldn't mind one...........especially if a kick-*** deal arose with an 07 model. But I doubt it, so I'm probably going to stick with the 07 or 08 600RR.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:05 PM

I meant $1000, not a 1000RR

And I dont think a larger loan would go against your credit, it might actually help a little in the long run. As long as you make the payments on time you should be ok. Your credit is going to get docked a little regardless when you finance the new ride, but I really dont think $1000 would go against you.

I hope I'm not coming across as rude or argumentitive, because Im not trying to be, I just want to see you get on the best set of 2 wheels possible

Quick Reply: Foxy trashed it.....