Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Foxy trashed it.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foxy trashed it...........

Wow. Glad you are okay.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:39 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

Man that blows. Hopefully you can buy it from the insurance co. at a steal.
Glad to see your ok. I know you gotta be pissed but it could have been alot worse.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks Blue. Glad to hear you came out unscathed, but sorry to hear the bike didnt. Can't see the pics because it appears PB.com is down ATM. At least now you should have an excuse to get that 08 and start all over again...raccoon mask and all.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:56 PM

Sorry bout' that man. Glad to hear your alright though! Its hard to even look at that bike laying on the ground like that. Not a sight I ever want to see.[sm=imsorry.gif]

Old 12-20-2007, 11:02 PM

NOOO, Damn!! Glad you are ok and able to ride again. Get back on two wheels soon bro!. The bike still looks sweet....lol.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:35 PM

I would have thrown the helmet too (it was already toast)... That is a ****ty situation to be in. Glad your okay, I'd strip the bike once you know where its at get all your parts back. Heal up

Old 12-20-2007, 11:41 PM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

I would have thrown the helmet too (it was already toast)...
I have been in two accidents on previous bikes and always did the "helmet toss"

Old 12-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ I was so pissed, I spiked mine like I scored a touchdown..........for the wrong f**king team.

I'll definitely be buying the bike back though (if it's totaled out).

The only bad thing I see is that if they total it out, and it's a salvage title............does Honda still uphold the 4-year extended warranty I added to the bike? Or is that now null and void? (or maybe, possibly transferrable to a new bike?) I have a lot of places to call to answer questions tomorrow.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:05 AM

When a similar incident happened to me, I bought the bike back and received a clear title. I guess it varies by state, but I think it only becomes 'salvage' if the title is transferred to a wrecking or tow yard business. Not sure though...

I bet it would have to be fully repaired by a dealer to keep the warranty...

Old 12-21-2007, 12:08 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy crap Fox.. WOW! That really sucks bro!! But I'm very glad to hear you're alright, and were able to walk away from it and still here to tell the tale. Like has been said a million times already, in the end that's all that really matters

I too would have been screaming at the f00king idiots.... dumbass people. Glad the popo cited them both, cuz they both really were at fault. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!! [:@] I acutally got hit (lightly) in my car a couple years ago from this exact situation. 3 lane road, 5 pm traffic so I was stopped in a row of traffic. There was a side street right behind me, and the cars behind me left a gap. A girl in a Focus coming the other way turning left, starts to go through the gap and I guess didn't see the Nissan hardbody truck coming up in the right lane... BAM!! Hit her RF so hard it spun her car 90 degrees and in the process it hit the rear bumper on my Accord.

Not to thread hijack (again, lol), but this is almost exactly like my buddys bike wreck a few months ago. He had a 2006 Yamaha R6 that the motor blew up. He took it to the dealer, fought with Yamaha for awile cuz it was 2 months out of warranty, and long story short, after about 3.5 months of waiting, arguing, and fighting with Orlando Yamaha and corporate, they finally got his bike fixed and it was ready. He was sooooooooooooooooooo happy to be able to ride again, and just that the whole ordeal was finally over. He went to pick it up, picked it up and it was running great so he was happy.... on his way back to his office from the dealer, a lady in a Land Rover turns left in front of him.... totalled it. Thank got he was alright other than a little knee damage, but man was he ever pissed!! And then the lady tried changing her story around... oh man [:@] 13 miles on the new motor when this happened. He gave up riding after that... for now at least

Anyways again really glad you're OK Fox! Keep us updated on what happens I loved your bike too... damn

Quick Reply: Foxy trashed it.....