Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Foxy trashed it.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Foxy trashed it.....

UPDATE: January 29, 2007

Insurance ordeal is over. They totaled out the bike for $7700.00 (I owed $7019, so I get the difference). They're paying $500 for the couple of scrapes on my knee, and another $1000 for replacement gear.

They wanted way too much for my wrecked 06 though. Over $2200 for it, so I sadly let it go and then purchased myself a brand new Red/Black 07 600RR with 0 miles. I ordered about $2000 worth of parts for the new bike, and she'll be put together as soon as the parts arrive later this week or early next week. It'll be the only 07/08 red/black scheme out there..........just as unique as my 06 was.

You can see a picture of the new bike here..............

https://cbrforum.com/m_474093/tm.htm

UPDATE: December 28, 2007

Damage estimate from the dealer.............

Name:  damageest001.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  111.6 KB
Name:  damageest002.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  155.6 KB
Name:  damageest003-1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  105.9 KB

ORIGINAL POST:

Yep. My 2006 Honda CBR600RR which I JUST finished fixing from the previous lowside is now completely trashed. Victim to the infamous driver making a left turn s**t. So, here's the story......

I was headed out to take some new pictures for the ROTY thread. I just put my bike back together a couple days ago with all news parts to replace those that were damaged from my lowside I had a couple months ago. It was looking cherry, mint condition it was. I was riding west on N. Main street. Medium traffic, 1:30 in the afternoon. This is a three lane street, and the light up ahead just turned green. The lane I was in (the far left lane) was clear, but the middle lane had a few cars.

Well, a lady decided she was going to play the christian motorist and allow a pizza delivery guy cross the 3 lane road, even though she was in the middle. So guess what, she waves him to go, here I come, and now he's in my lane and stops. I have 35 feet (we measured) to react doing 40 mph (which was actually 5 mph UNDER the speed limit) Well, slammed the brakes and they locked up (you can even see the skid-marks in one of the pics below) When I realized I wasn't going to stop in time, I let of the brakes and tried to swerve, but this just dumped the bike (thank God though). The bike hit the front left wheel of the car, and the bike threw me off, luckily to the left, missing the car altogether.

I, now 50 feet on my belly facing the opposite side of the car, got instant pissed-off rage. Walked over to my bike, saw how bad it really was, took off my helmet and spiked it into the ground shouting just about every curse word imaginable. (plus a few I made up on the spot). These acts scared the guy who pulled out in front of me and he slowly opens his door, and yelled out "are you okay?", but is noticeably frightened that I'm going to kick his ***.

I'm not the aggressive type, so I instantly cooled off and yelled back "Yeah, I'm fine. Go on ahead and get out, I'm not going to hit you." So he did. Now, this guy was a retard. He stumbles out of his car (which is a given, he just got hit and was probably shaken up.) But he goes, "so, what do we do." I told him to call the police, and I got out my camera to take pictures (in case he fled the scene or moved the car/bike.) So, then he looks back up at me and asks "well, what number do I call for the police?"...........WTF?...........I just looked at him and sarcastically replied "well, usually in an emergency situation, you would dial 911." I also told him to tell 911 that them that there are no life-threatening injuries. I live in a house full of EMT's and Paramedics, and taking up a trucks time for me would be a waste when someone else could use it. He didn't tell them this, and here's what arrived at the scene of the accident........

Old 12-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Foxy trashed it...........

WHOOOOOOOOOOOA! Fox, hey....you still get my vote for ROTY, haha. i dont even know what to say, i've always loved you're bike....always clean as hell, subtle mods that still seem to stand out..........that was a awesome bike you had.

GLAD you're ok, brother.aaaaaaaah sucks to see that beautiful bike laying there like that. it hurts too much to look......gotta look away!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 PM

NOOOOO!!!!!! [sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]
Glad you are OK.

You still got my ROTY Vote.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Retired Moderator

Yeah, I'm fine........bodies have their own mechanics working on it for free. Too bad my bike is going to cost me $$$. I'm just hoping my "so far" great insurance company doesn't dick me over. They've been good to me so far, hopefully they'll continue to do so.

I don't know if it's good or bad, but the driver also had State Farm........ I wonder if both of us having the same insurance company will help or hurt me.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear.....love your bike hate to see it like that....and your right it still looks good smashed up on the wrecker

atleast you didn't get hurt, but I would have been extremely pissed, especially at the stupid *** woman, she really caused the whole accident, that guy probably thought it was clear so yea why not go.....she caused the accident he just got suckered into it

Old 12-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...............thats a good question. keep us updated!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator

atleast you didn't get hurt, but I would have been extremely pissed, especially at the stupid *** woman, she really caused the whole accident, that guy probably thought it was clear so yea why not go.....she caused the accident he just got suckered into it
My thoughts exactly. She is on the police repot, and I will let the insurance companies know EXACTLY what she did.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:23 PM

Sad day indeed...

my condolences.

Did you sustain any injuries at all?

Old 12-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Retired Moderator

^^ Just some scrapes on my knee, nothing major.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

dude you still take the most awesome pixs of your bike even when she is wrecked ! damn ! lol

Quick Reply: Foxy trashed it.....