Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Foxy trashed it.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foxy trashed it...(ESTIMATE UPDATE 12/28)

Seriously, whats another 1000 when youre already talking about 8200? Get the 2008 for the extra what, 50 bucks a month it would cost you?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: RichB

Seriously, whats another 1000

Uh, it's another $1k...

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

The problem for many is...that 'the rich get richer and the poor get poorer' is true and actually accellerating. The middle is getting squeezed. If you are in the middle, you have to fight to get on the right side of the curve, if you are below it, there is no hope. If you were lucky enough to have invested internationally when Bush came into office, you would have been fine, if you only had domestic assets then you may not be. The falling dollar has been great for me, but I understand how it has hurt many people, however I also understand that many of these same people are too stupid to know how to help themselves (Enormous SUVS and trucks) Buying Homes as 'investments', using leverage in the form of mortgages on these investment homes, buying a new motorcycle when a 5 year old bike would suffice. To all of you that believe that living in debt is a certainty, you are wrong and you deserve to be poor.

Americans need to understand how to not consume so much stuff. The shrinking middle class will not sacrifice, they won't even skip buying a XBOX360 even though the old XBOX is fine, hell skip all that bull**** and play basketball or monopoly. They won't buy a small car, for some reason they need a Expedition, they won't buy a small house, they drink expensive Vodka, they smoke cigarettesWhile I understand how/why many people are hurting today financially, I KNOW that many people asked for it and deserve to be getting poorer.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:03 AM

They make a limited amount of all the parts that make up a bike.

There just ss no market for OEM.

If a bike crashes, the insurance company is going to total it instead of buying a bunch of parts tat in the end if assembled would turn
a 10k bike into a 15k bike or more.

Called supply and demand...

Cal and demand they supply you with that amount.

Get angry...if you have to but don't threaten...always show respect...and just tell them.

If necessary, pay $250 for a lawyer to write a letter.

That will get a settlment real quick.

Because at that point, the ins. co is seeing further and further loss.

Thay want to stop hemmorging, raise the lady who hit you her rates, which they should do, and pay you the estimate.

If an estimator comes out, don;t ever let him estimate without you present.

Get proof that he was there...business card, report, etc.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:23 AM

Well lets see what they say when it comes to fixing it or totalling it out. Blue I know you thinking about the 07 or an 08 but think about it. You can get one of the brand new 08s and make it the way you want or go with the 07 and have some left over to work on the bike when you buy her back. I would say get the 08. I was looking at those at the dealer the other day when I had my tank replaced for that recall and was looking at it and wondering if you were going to be riding that soon.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RichB

Seriously, whats another 1000 when youre already talking about 8200? Get the 2008 for the extra what, 50 bucks a month it would cost you?
And extra $1000 from $8200 is a MASSIVE increase. If it was a Dodge Viper, where you are already spending $80,000+, then yeah, $1000 is practically nothing. But from $8200? It's an enormous leap. (and it would only cost around $20 more per month) But regardless of the monthly payment, it's still debt against your credit.

And Jonny has a point where I could get the 07 and throw the saved money into the 06 to get her back up and running sooner. But, I'll decide all this when I hear from the insurance company.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Damn Foxy sorry to hear about the accident, but like everyone else said at least you are physically uninjured. Yeah your pride got knocked around, your temper sounds like mine, your bike was totalled out, but you will be getting a new one. The other bright side is, as much as it costs, two drivers, and hopefully others will now notice motorcycles more.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:29 AM

damn stealerships sure do know how to rip people off, $400 for a headlight, thats crazy....what kind of bike are you going to buy?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Retired Moderator

^^ It was an 06 600RR, so I'm probably going to go with the 08 600RR, possibly an 07 600RR with an 08 fairing swap. Still not sure yet, but definitely another 600RR.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Retired Moderator

^^

Most of my creative idea's are already on the 2008 red/black 600RR anyway. A version of my "Raccoon Mask" is already on it, it has black on the sides of the tail and now I'm FORCED to create a new FE kit for the 07/08 models. So pretty much the only idea you would be able to steal would be the "soon-to-be" FE kit........which I would be selling at a steal anyway once I get the prototype tested out.

Still, I'm quite excited about getting an 08 if mine is totaled out. I think I'm even more excited to make my 06 into a track bike.

Quick Reply: Foxy trashed it.....