Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Forum name suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Forum name suggestion

It might help to clarify things if the *off topic* forum were renamed to *general discussion*. The forum description could include "general bike related topics".

We are all pretty well versed at internet usage and the name *off topic* has an certain meaning to it. This forum no longer fits that meaning.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forum name suggestion

How about Exhausted Topics lol

Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 AM

I like that a lot, but I don't think dads gonna like it.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:18 AM

It's a valid suggestion, and would work toward clearing things up. If I'm going to get in trouble for offering up constructive suggestions then just ban me and get it over with, seriously.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 AM

I agree, from what I've seen lately, the efforts to steer the forum back on track might be getting a little too agressive. If the pendulum swings from our almost anachic little state, to an over moderated police state, it will kill the forum, almost as fast as hitting a switch.

The current "off Topic; the place for CBR junkies to boldly go off topic, almost anything goes"
Descriptor, doesn't match what I've been hearing the Topic is trying to become.

I think we all need to take a chill pill for a couple of days, and let tempers flare down, on both the membership, and the administration... I'm sure they are getting agravated about the bickering as well, and that won't make them any more objective when moderating the forum.

BTW, this would probably fit better on the "Forum Suggestions" topic [8D](The neglected one waaaay at the bottom of the forum)

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe you are correct sir ... but I will not move it or lock it until the bitch session begins

If people would read past the 'bike related' and see that threads of 'general interest' will be allowed in OT then some of the misunderstandings may have been nipped in the bud.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

How about Exhausted Topics lol
haha...tru dat.

A name change is certainly due, what with all the new direction to stay on topic in the off topic forum.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:36 AM

so this forum is going to be stricly motorcycle? off topic was my favorite place, never saw a forum that didnt have a spot for off topic stuff....I agree with whitedealershiprice "it will kill the forum, almost as fast as hitting a switch." I dunno what exactly happened to make the change but dont kill the forum in the process of trying to clean something up.

Quick Reply: Forum name suggestion