Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dumbest thing you've ever done on a bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 08:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SunBlue
Glad u were ok. What was the thing coming at you?
Thanks! I'm not sure what it was to be honest, it might have been a bug, or nothing at all.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:35 AM

So many choices, so many levels of dumbness. High siding on a brand new rear tyre, I knew that it was brand new because I just had it fitted. I had ridden many new tyres and knew the risks so why did my brain disconnect? It’s a mystery.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:34 AM

Didn't happen to me, but my neighbor, a few years older was still in high school when he got his brand new '87 Ninja. They say he was going over 100 mph evading the cops, when the lady backed out her driveway...as he flew thru the air, he clipped the posted 35mph stop sign mid-thigh, severing both his legs instantly. The flight-for-life helicopter landed in my back yard. He survived, but was a bitter ******* from that day forward, even though the town raised over a quarter million dollars to help with his hospital bills.
Lesson learned as a 15 year old kid: Don't try to outrun the cops.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:55 PM

brand new to me 2015rr repsol edition, thing was minty.

1st one was dropped it on the highway when I pulled over to call a forest fire into the fire department, fell into the highway and the bike pinned my leg to the ground. people stopped I was so embarrassed I told them to keep driving.

2nd was getting my bike off the stand, ive done it by myself a few times(not anymore) bike came off the stand hit the ground and fell over on some propane tanks. my son was there at the time when the bike fell his eyes grew very large and he bolted out of the garage. after I picked up the bike and checked for damages I went and asked my son why he bolted, his reply " I didn't want to hear those bad words again" haha just some cosmetic damage, will buy new plastics in a couple of years to fix that issue

Old 02-21-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadowfax
Didn't happen to me, but my neighbor, a few years older was still in high school when he got his brand new '87 Ninja. They say he was going over 100 mph evading the cops, when the lady backed out her driveway...as he flew thru the air, he clipped the posted 35mph stop sign mid-thigh, severing both his legs instantly. The flight-for-life helicopter landed in my back yard. He survived, but was a bitter ******* from that day forward, even though the town raised over a quarter million dollars to help with his hospital bills.
Lesson learned as a 15 year old kid: Don't try to outrun the cops.
I'm calling BS on that.
But even still, it's a gruesome story.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Burnout in front of an old friends grave. I didn't grab enough front brake and took off. Tire spinning and I high sided. I have a video somewhere. My GF at the time took it, you can hear her laughing as I crashed. Bike took minimal damage, frame sliders did good. Tore a few Honda letters off of my textile Joe Rocket jacket. Had jelly hip for a few months.

Learning how to do wheelies the wrong way. We would load up the suspension and crack the throttle on the way up. Wide open throttle wheelie bad! We took a short trip to the bank and back to my buddies place. I watched him beyond 12 o clock it, First bike for him was an R1, lots of full throttle power. He flew around like a rag doll. Bike looped and totalled into a curb. He fortunately didn't hit his head (was wearing a helmet) but lost one of his gloves prior, so wasn't wearing any, knuckles busted up.

Back to me: I live in fast food heaven. Too many drinks led me to taco hell. While waiting at the drive through I wanted a cigarette, those I had, but I forgot my lighter. I hopped off the bike and asked the car in front of me for a lighter, they provided. Walked back to my bike and over through my body getting on, knocked her right over on to myself. I picked her up no problem as the people in the car in front of me were getting out to help.

Last edited by Wants a CBR; 04-10-2017 at 06:51 PM.