Dumbest thing you've ever done on a bike? - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. almost anything goes.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:09 PM

Default Dumbest thing you've ever done on a bike?

Here's my 3.

1. Lost control of my R6 pulling it backwards down the ramp of a U-Haul. Fell straight down onto it's left side. Luckily it was grass and after going inside to lament I came back out and only found 1 scratch on it, easily covered by a sticker.

2. Another backing up story; backing my Ninja out of my garage (not running) and snagged my pant leg on my boat trailer hitch. My leg wanted to stay but the bike kept going lol, dropped it right onto the hitch and got some awesome cracks and scratches on my freshly painted and airbrushed plastics.

3. Killed the aforementioned R6 racing at night. Like an idiot I was following a buddy who said he knew every turn of the road. On a sharp left he kept going straight and so did I. I actually held it up longer than I thought I could until it finally went over with my leg pinned under it. Had a limp for months and water on the knee 3 times because of that wreck. Visited the bike once the next day at the salvage lot and never saw it again.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:24 PM

Do you actually expect me to have a TOP dumb thing I've done!?!?!??!

I've done dumb and not been bitten and I've done naieve and been bitten. I'm fortunate that I've got all my fingers, toes and scruples.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:29 PM

Well sounds like you're like me, that's why I had to pick my top 3 only!
Old 10-24-2016, 10:39 PM

1986 on my Honda V65 Sabre, told my buddy, watch me ride a wheelie. I did ride a wheelie. Then when the front end came down in some gravel down we go, me and the bike. The bike lead the way to the guard rail with me Supermaning it behind the bike. My buddy on his Yamaha 650 Special watching the whole time. End up costing a couple thousand dollars, a week on crutches, and a dent in my thigh thats still there to this day.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projo198 View Post
Here's my 3.

3. Killed the aforementioned R6 racing at night. Like an idiot I was following a buddy who said he knew every turn of the road. On a sharp left he kept going straight and so did I. I actually held it up longer than I thought I could until it finally went over with my leg pinned under it. Had a limp for months and water on the knee 3 times because of that wreck. Visited the bike once the next day at the salvage lot and never saw it again.
omg how that even lollll

I don't have one for myself, but one time my boyfriend brought his R6 to my garage. He had recently bought it and, understandably, was super excited about it. It was beautiful - raven edition, real clean. Before we went upstairs he wanted to sit on it one more time. He was so excited to get on it that he sat on it too hard and he ended up going down together with the bike to the other side...
Old 10-25-2016, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator and Fighterer

In college, I had a bottom floor apartment that I would keep my bike in every night. During the day, in between classes or whatever, I'd keep it in the parking lot with a rotor lock.

At about 5'o clock, I went out to get my bike, and put it in my apartment as I was getting ready for the night's festivities. There was a group of very attractive women walking by me, I start my F3, let the clutch out, roll about a foot or so until my rotor lock hits the caliper, and down I went - right in front of the girls....

Holy hell was that dumb and embarrassing
Old 10-25-2016, 12:50 PM

I was looking away for a second and laughing on my sena's with my buddy about a guy riding in t-shirt and shorts next to us on a Harley. As I turned my head back forward I saw something coming at me VERY quick in my peripheral vision. I immediately clamped down on my front brake and over I went! Totalled the bike, slammed my knees and maybe have a hairline crack in my hand, but all is healing up slowly. This happened 9/10/2016
Old 10-25-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
I was looking away for a second and laughing on my sena's with my buddy about a guy riding in t-shirt and shorts next to us on a Harley. As I turned my head back forward I saw something coming at me VERY quick in my peripheral vision. I immediately clamped down on my front brake and over I went! Totalled the bike, slammed my knees and maybe have a hairline crack in my hand, but all is healing up slowly. This happened 9/10/2016
Glad u were ok. What was the thing coming at you?
Old 10-25-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
In college, I had a bottom floor apartment that I would keep my bike in every night. During the day, in between classes or whatever, I'd keep it in the parking lot with a rotor lock.

At about 5'o clock, I went out to get my bike, and put it in my apartment as I was getting ready for the night's festivities. There was a group of very attractive women walking by me, I start my F3, let the clutch out, roll about a foot or so until my rotor lock hits the caliper, and down I went - right in front of the girls....

Holy hell was that dumb and embarrassing
That's a classic hahaha
Old 10-26-2016, 07:08 AM

I wont go into details about running from the cops on the Honda V65 but I got away all times except once, damn dead end with no sign. Or the time I ran from the cops with my future wife on the back. Got away that time to but boy O boy was she pissed.