Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

drinking and riding??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 02:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it o.k if i drink a coffee while i'm driving?

Old 09-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Watch for the bumps and dont burn yourself!!

Old 09-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thedudeman
I couldn't imagine that every single one of them goes just for free peanuts..
I dunno - they gotta be able to afford those harleys somehow.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by pittsm
yep, i drink ALOT! lol but i wouldn't even have one beer before getting on the bike. Who knows that half a millisecond of reaction time your losing....you might just need......
+1, same for me.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it o.k if i drink a coffee while i'm driving?
I tried that once and it didn't go too well.
I had just gotten back in my car with a cup of coffee. Just sitting in an exxon parking lot not moving.....went to take a sip... and BAM!! Some old lady in an 80's Cavalier crushed the back of my car. I spilled hot coffee all over myself and burnt the fock out of my pee pee.

So I'd say... it depends.....lol.

But yeah, drinking and riding is just a really dumb idea.
I will say, though, that I've gone to bars on my CBR and not had a drop to drink.... just pepsi. Sometimes my friends would all be going to have a drink and hang out or shoot pool and I'd go along.

But if you're an alcoholic or you're too big of a beatch to handle peer pressure.... then don't take your bike to a bar.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I tried that once and it didn't go too well.
I had just gotten back in my car with a cup of coffee. Just sitting in an exxon parking lot not moving.....went to take a sip... and BAM!! Some old lady in an 80's Cavalier crushed the back of my car. I spilled hot coffee all over myself and burnt the fock out of my pee pee.

So I'd say... it depends.....lol.

But yeah, drinking and riding is just a really dumb idea.
I will say, though, that I've gone to bars on my CBR and not had a drop to drink.... just pepsi. Sometimes my friends would all be going to have a drink and hang out or shoot pool and I'd go along.

But if you're an alcoholic or you're too big of a beatch to handle peer pressure.... then don't take your bike to a bar.
+1 I go out to bars with my bike and just won't drink. I'm pretty serious about my lifting too, so I go through periods where I just don't drink period.
Its not bad at all. In fact you feel better.

On a not so perfect note though I did one time drink way way too much and jump on my bike. Nothing happened thank God, but it was really stupid and I considered myself lucky and will never do that again. This was probably two years ago, when I was Young(er) and Dumb(er).

Old 09-14-2010, 12:06 AM

Have I done it - yes, never more than 2 beers
Would I do it now - hell no I love my new bike too much!

I remember just a few years ago I would get completely wasted and drive home, not my bike but in my car and not even remember the drive home...I look back and just cant believe how stupid/lucky I was. I still love to drink but I rarely do it outside my home anymore.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 AM

Every week I head over to the local MC with the missus, and I'll have 1 or 2 (max) social beers. No effect. The other day, I went out with them all for a day's trip, and of course, the MC Van, sporting the BBQ and Keg went along. in all honesty, I was shocked at the sheer ammount of beer these guys drank, nobody got visibly ****faced, but at least 8 beers a piece, and at the end of the day, we all rode back to the MC where they continued drinking... I had my social 2 with my BBQ and passed on to the waters after that... Crazy ****. nothing happened, but it could have... guess thats their thing though... they must be more used to it than me.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:14 PM

I don't have a bike to ride (yet... actively looking in my area), but I do have some relevance to this topic.

A few of my buddies work for the city police and county EMS. We have bike week every year (3 actually, two Harley weeks and a more sports bike week) and there is always someone that dies from a stupid mistake.

The worst that I am aware of happened near our downtown area. A guy and his wife were out on the bike, stopped at a bar and got pretty hammered. Neither one had the sense to call a cab or make other arrangements to get back home, or to the hotel (not sure if they were local or tourists).

They leave the bar, disregard a red light while making a turn. They didn't get so lucky, as a car was coming the other way. The car couldn't stop, they collided. Car was probably doing 35-40mph, not sure about the bike.

The wife died of head trauma (wear your helmet), and compared to the guy she had it easy. He apparently got split from the pelvis all the way up to his chest cavity. Wide open. Internals everywhere, body dead and dismembered laying in the road pretty much. It's just one of those things you would NEVER want to see, as it's hard enough to listen to without your skin crawling.