Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

drinking and riding??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drinking and riding??

just saw this on the ol c.l. site while browsing the motorcycle section and thought to myself, "well thats just dumb"....i mean really? who would condone this?

"""---->We offer a full service bike wash and detail price starts at $ 12.00 relax inside with one free domestic beer with any bike wash service <-----
ice cold a/c full menu of bbq and okc's best fried onion burger or enjoy our off track horse racing fri-sun noon to six
Hogwash Cafe
11 s council
okc ok 73127

one block north of I 40 on council rd"""""

i mean, i dont drink at all but i just dont think even "a beer" would be smart... just my opinion...

Old 08-01-2010, 12:58 AM

For sure, I can definitely feel even one beer, and a bike is all about balancing, not for me I wouldn't do it.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:01 AM

I do drink, my buddy and i can knock down a case or two bsing in the garage on fri nights, i'm that guy that takes 6-7 beers for my to feel anything(to much whiskey i suppose ;D) I wont so much as have a beer within about 2 hours of having to ride, same in my truck if i want a few beers the wife drives, not gonna risk the accident or getting caught which in co is no liscense for a year and about 15k worth of legal fines

Old 08-02-2010, 07:29 AM

yep, i drink ALOT! lol but i wouldn't even have one beer before getting on the bike. Who knows that half a millisecond of reaction time your losing....you might just need......

Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 AM

Agreed - I am a fairly heavy partier, but when it comes to the bike that is a different story. I have once or twice had a glass of wine or 1 drink but that was it, and both times I was within about 2 miles of home and live in an area with no traffic.

It just isn't that smart and certianly not worth it.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:05 AM

I have had a drink 1 or 2 then get on a bike, but like the one guy above it takes me a few more than that to feel it. Usually though I do it socially, not slam them then hop on the bike.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jerryh1980
just saw this on the ol c.l. site while browsing the motorcycle section and thought to myself, "well thats just dumb"....i mean really? who would condone this?

"""---->We offer a full service bike wash and detail price starts at $ 12.00 relax inside with one free domestic beer with any bike wash service <-----
ice cold a/c full menu of bbq and okc's best fried onion burger or enjoy our off track horse racing fri-sun noon to six
Hogwash Cafe
11 s council
okc ok 73127

one block north of I 40 on council rd"""""

i mean, i dont drink at all but i just dont think even "a beer" would be smart... just my opinion...

thats why i sold this bike about 7 years ago ...... we went out riding and ended up at the bar ........... at the time my ex wife wld not let me see my son and i hadn't seen him in a month ..... it was sat. night it got so damn drunk and got on it after i told my gf to kiss my *** i was going to ride it home ( that didn't go over good at all ) my buddy and his wife drove so she went with them ....... he told me the next day i past them way over a hundred ... next day i got up called another guy and sold it ....... never again will i do that

Attached Thumbnails drinking and riding??-smokin-j.jpg  
Old 08-02-2010, 11:24 AM

use common sense. I don't care if you die, but your loved one's do. Lay off the bottle, ride sober foo's!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:29 PM

I cant remember if it was an online article or in a mag, but they did a speed and obstacle course test. First run was sober. Second was after one drink... And so on. Test results showed that all riders did better in all categories after the one drink. Then things went down hill.

*Disclaimer* I do not condone drinking and riding. I wont even have one. I drink Non A beer when we stop for lunch or dinner.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:46 PM

I have a buddy(Gixxer) that went out one night(not plannig on drinking)and got so drunk on his bike that he didnt remember coming home at all.

well I was at his house when he shiowed up and it was the funniest thing ive ever saw.

He got off his bike to move it into his spot in the garage in the process tipped it over on the right side went to pick it up and dropped it on the left side

Point: dont drink and drive

Quick Reply: drinking and riding??