Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Drinking

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drinking

in light of the post about riding drunk, i wanted to see how many of you drink hard and how often?? i dont drink during the weekdays at all, got sick of coming in to work hungover, tired and feeling like ***. plus i dont really like smelling like booze as i walk around the office. but then the weekend comes and i get hammered everytime i go out. lately i've been blacking out a lot also. i want to cut back on it, but then you see this friend, see that friend, shot here, shot there, and next thing i know i've time traveled. i know i soulnd like an alcoholic, but i'm not, i just like to party, and sometimes get carried away. if i drive to the bars, then i can keep my self under control, say no to the shots, and have a few drinks and call it a night, but if i dont have my car with me, then i lose control and go all out.

and if you dont go out, what else do you do to keep yourself entertained? i dont have a g/f, so its hard to just sit at home, and pretty much everyone i know go's out on the weekends.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Default RE: Drinking

I feel ya! Yeah Im not 21 yet so I think when I turn the dial I might slow down on my boozin. other whise its at least every couple of days. Couple of whiskey sours here, tequila sunrise there, irish car bomb there. And Im singing my praises to the porcelin god. But hell you keep coming back for more and I just dont know. As for driving and drinking I deffinetly am not planning on it. I live close enough to down town where I will just walk fresh air is always good for ya!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

I pretty much gave up drinking about a year ago. I was spending a pile of money, rarely getting buzzed and always getting a hangover. I will have maybe 3 or 4 drinks a week now, sometimes less. I've been lucky, no DUIs, no job losses or anything like that.

I stopped drinking to simply get my alcohol tolerance down so I could get buzzed without always having a hangover, but after two or three dry months, I didn't miss it at all, and kinda liked not having to drink all the time. I prbably was spend close to $1000 a month on drinks and drinking related activities, I noticed I hardly ever even go to the ATM anymore.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:11 AM

I never drank until I quit smoking the reef at the end of this December. Then I still felt the need to get tipsy so I started drinink on just the weekends. Now going to school for cdl I dont want to risk anything so I have cut myself off.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 PM

no wonder why you don't have a g/f, you' ve probly had many and blacked out
& forgot. dude, you can go out without getting shattered & if you can't then you got a problem.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 PM

i dont drink hard very often (as u can read in OKIE's cannabis post) id much rather smoke than drink.
but i do get wasted every so often, but alot of times i have to drive home so i usually take i easy on the alcohol.
another reason i prefer to smoke, cuz its much easier to drive and function/act normal when ur high rather than drunk.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:10 PM

I used to drink real heavy from graduation to about two years ago. Make some bad decisions and have 2 DUI's to prove it. Learned to just stay away from the party situation all together to purge out and now just drink at home casually (1-3 beersafter work 1-3 nights)

The lady and I will go out once every month or so and get pretty blitzed unless one of us are driving, then only one of us gets tanked up. I don't really miss drinking at all, it's too expensive and being sober thru a few nights just helps show how pointless and stupid it can be.

Edit: I wasn't going to mention it but since G3NESYS brought it up,instead of getting all drunk buzzed, I do like to smoke instead. I'd say that I do smoke more often than I get drunk.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Dont drink, never have never will. Stopped smoking 10+ years ago.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 PM

I have a beer or two once or twice a week after work with a few people. The weekends I always have to drive. So I have one or two when I go out with friends or the G/F's friends. But I found out that I like NA beer. So now when I go out on the weekends I pretty much just drink that. Driving home at 1:45 am is like walking through a gun range.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:05 PM

^ You'r lucky, I tryed that for a while...didn't work out too well

Quick Reply: Drinking