Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Drinking

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Drinking

I have a beer with my tea (supper to you guys, yeah I know its the same name as the drink, go figure), Sometimes I have two beers, sometimes 1 beer & later in front of the tellie & decent two fingers of scotch. I like to have a drink or two or four, when the mood strikes. I don't get sh*t faced anymore because I have trouble weathering the next days hangover.
Younger days would see me on Friday/Saturday nights getting stuck into a couple of "Fat Boys" (flagons of cheap wine), beers & a few cones with my mates, went through a period of drinking spirits, but Gin nearly killed me, so its suds these days & the odd single malt, although I do like a nice Merlot, (seeing I'm only 40 minutes from wine country in the Hunter Valley). Gave up smoking pot ages ago, cause it was making me paranoid (at least thats wot I think everyone was saying about me).

Old 04-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have alcoholism throughout most of my family and I know what the effects can be first hand. I choose not to drink in public just as a safety blanket I guess. To protect myself and others... I don't have a problem with other people drinking, but I would rather make sure that my friends and I are safe when we go out, so I always volunteer to be DD. I never have been too big of a partier anyways, used to get high a lot, but the alcohol scares me.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:10 PM

I used to go out every saturday and get ******* plastered. Its fun, but then I came to the realization that I cannot ride nearly as hard sunday morning when I am hung over. Now I go to bed at ten, well, try to, depends if the girlfriend sleeps over or not, wake up early, have a good breakfast, and then bomb around all day wide eyed and bushy tailed while all my friends are sleeping off the warm weather.

I do go out, but I try not to get drunk, just cause its costs so much money. Before I was putting money into the bike, I was spending like 250 a weekend at the bars, thats four bike payments!!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:11 AM

I drink daily, be it beer, gin, or whiskey. However, I haven't been drunk in YEARS--nor will I ride after a taste. I also never feel likeI "need" a drink, I just "want" one. I love the flavor of a good beer or scotch, or a nice dirty gin & tonic--delicious. Wine, not so much--gives me migraines from the sulfites. I'm lucky--never got the addictive urges. I smoke--when I'm dry it doesn't bother me. Years ago Iplayedwith powder--3-5 day binges with no sleep....when the snow was gone I'd have no desire to continue. I smoked cigs back in my teens, quit without any problems--today after a stressful day at work I can have a cig and not want another one after I'm finished. Like I said, I'm lucky.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Gave up smoking pot ages ago, cause it was making me paranoid (at least thats wot I think everyone was saying about me).
HAHA.. thats one of the funniest things EVER!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:05 AM
RCR

It takes about a month for me to go through a 12 pack. I only drink one to three at any given time, I Can't find the happy spot and go right to ****faced. If I have four then I can't stop drinking until im puking and thats no fun.