Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

de and pa licensing laws?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default de and pa licensing laws?

all my info is listed in delaware since that is where i lived with my parents but ive been staying with my relatives in pa.. i also would rather get it in pa because the permit process is much simpler than delaware i think since im only 17 as of now.. but can i get a Pa bike permit even though everything else is listed in de?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Default RE: de and pa licensing laws?

No, your permit must be in the state of your license. Easy isnt always the way to go. You need to learn how to ride properly, not get on the bike the quickest.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:27 PM

How about live another year .....mature a bit and decide if your ready for the responsibility.
Or just ride without one...

Old 03-27-2008, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

Or just ride without one...
sorry man.. but dumbest thing i have ever seen..

your only 17.. so if living in Pa is not perm. then dont get a liscense in Pa get it in Deleware.. MSF courses substitute for driving tests in some states.. so look into that..

and do not ride w/o a liscense.. sure you may get pulled over by a cool cop who will follow you home.. if you dont your bikes getting impounded and your getting in the back of a cop car for not having a liscense.. then your relatives will have to come get you.. not fun..

just wait or do it properly in the state that you see yourself spending the most time in over the next few years.

im in ny for almost a yr now and all of my **** is tagged in Ok because taxes are cheaper and my home is there.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned

That's my favorite....when somebody signs up just for 1 post for a question like this.

The laws are designed the way they are for a reason. It's to make sure some 17-year-old who doesn't know how to ride can't get a license until they've learned.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:21 PM

i live in PA. when i got my bike permit when i was 16 i went and took the msf class. i could not get my license after i passed because i had not had my permit for 6 months so i had to go take the class over again 6 months latter. was dumb i thought becuase i am under 18 yet did the same thing as older people did who were in my class yet i did not get my license like they did. i hate some laws.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: cyber00677

i live in PA. when i got my bike permit when i was 16 i went and took the msf class. i could not get my license after i passed because i had not had my permit for 6 months so i had to go take the class over again 6 months latter. was dumb i thought becuase i am under 18 yet did the same thing as older people did who were in my class yet i did not get my license like they did. i hate some laws.
I live in PA too...though when I was 18 or 19 I didn't agree with the laws, I now realize that I wasn't responsible enough to even drive a car at 16 and was lucky to have never been in an accident...I'm betraying myself by even saying this now, but I actually agree with licensing and drinking laws.

Old 03-27-2008, 04:46 PM

Well I live in De and unfortunalty its not very hard to get a license. Let alone a permit. You must first currently hold a valid De state drivers license. The permit consist's of going to the DMV, sitting in front of there little computer and awnsering 25 questions, if you get the first 18 correct it kicks you out automaticly and you passed. To complete the rest of the motorcycle endorsement you need to complete the rode test which consist's of 6 very simple manuvers, turning, braking ect. Very simple if you are a competent rider! However I know a guy who failed the writen test 3 times and gave up and when I took my rode test I watched a guy(on a brand new still w/t-tags R6) almost drop his bike twice within the first two test's, for some reason the guy giving the test let him go the first two time. The third time the guy on the R6 finally did drop the bike. De rule is if your foot hits the pavement at all during any of the test's you fail and must reschedule your test. You can also sign up for the De sponsored MSF course, you complete the class room portion, which then in turn bypasses the written test and you have two days on the bike then you take the rode test. I am not sure why this kid seems to see a lot of hassle with the De permit??????? However I do think he needs to wait a bit longer, 17 is in my opionion to soon for the motorcycle endorsement( looking back at the stupid things I did) either way you go please at LEAST take the time to learn how to handle a bike before you take off with a group of your friends and ride 140mph down rt 13 and rt1 like I see way to many kids around here doing!!!!!!!!!!!! if not for you how about for me and my family!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

ORIGINAL: cyber00677

I live in PA too...though when I was 18 or 19 I didn't agree with the laws, I now realize that I wasn't responsible enough to even drive a car at 16 and was lucky to have never been in an accident...I'm betraying myself by even saying this now, but I actually agree with licensing and drinking laws.
+1 I rolled my first car,it was an84' bronco with a 6 in lift and 35's.. i rolled it rounding 3rd base on a baseball field that was 1ft deep in mud.. i caught the 3rd base anchor with my rear tire and flipped into the home dugout.. all of this mind you 6 days after passing my driving test.. man were my parents pissed.. not to mention the girl that was with me and my friends, who i had to beg her dad to let me take her out and promised him i wouldnt drive like a retard.... doh..