Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crashing SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crashing SUCKS!

glad your ok blue, and nice to see you are in good spirits about the whole thing!

Old 09-22-2007, 12:02 PM

Haha! Leave it to Blue to not let the wreck rob him of taking more awesome pics of his bike in nature! Great pics Blue!

Old 09-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WoodyRR

Haha! Leave it to Blue to not let the wreck rob him of taking more awesome pics of his bike in nature! Great pics Blue!
I rode 70 miles out there to take pictures, and damn-it, I wanted pictures. There was no way I was going home with a scraped up bike and nothing else.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:13 PM

That's just hilarious because it sounds just like something my brother or I would do in the exact same situation!! And if the other bike was the same model, I'd have switched out the plastics for the photo if needed!!

Old 09-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Retired Moderator

Glad you are in good shape, Foxy...so sorry about yourbike!

Old 09-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Glad you are in good shape, Foxy...so sorry about your bike!
Thanks you sillynanny you! WTF is up with your siggy? LOL!

And just an update to all........WHERE THE F**K ARE ALL THE PERFECT, USED eBAY FAIRINGS WHEN YOU NEED THEM???? I could have had me a complete, scratch-free replacement set of red fairing for my bike a few months ago when this dude was selling them for like $200 total. I should have bought them when I had the chance. Now there's nothing.

............anyone want to get rid of a red, left, mid fairing, and rear cowl from an 05-06 600RR???????? Pretty please????

Old 09-24-2007, 02:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Glad you are in good shape, Foxy...so sorry about yourbike!
Thanks you sillynanny you! WTF is up with your siggy? LOL!

And just an update to all........WHERE THE F**K ARE ALL THE PERFECT, USED eBAY FAIRINGS WHEN YOU NEED THEM???? I could have had me a complete, scratch-free replacement set of red fairing for my bike a few months ago when this dude was selling them for like $200 total. I should have bought them when I had the chance. Now there's nothing.

............anyone want to get rid of a red, left, mid fairing, and rear cowl from an 05-06 600RR???????? Pretty please????
HAHA! I was kinda wondering about Voodoo's siggy too. Hey Voodoo, is that your new riding suit? lol, jkjkjk...

I don't have any plastics for ya' but I do have the OEM rearsets and a few other odd parts if you need em'...

Old 09-24-2007, 02:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree its sux lol get some kind of riding pants lol My leathers saved my hide today.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I agree its sux lol get some kind of riding pants lol My leathers saved my hide today.
Yeah, I would have walked away 100% un-scratched if I were wearing the correct pants. But the new riding suit is coming, so I can't wait (and there went another $900 from my student loans that'll bit me in the *** in the future. )

Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 05RR

HAHA! I was kinda wondering about Voodoo's siggy too. Hey Voodoo, is that your new riding suit? lol, jkjkjk...

I don't have any plastics for ya' but I do have the OEM rearsets and a few other odd parts if you need em'...
Actually, I just went out to the garage and Honda Polished my bike (first time I've actually examined the damage on it.). It's not really that bad. The rash on the tail actually is in the same place as the black vinyls I put on there, so I'll just sand it down, and re-apply a new layer of vinyl..........takes care of that.

As for the mid fairing...........it really only has about a square-inch of rash......and even then, it only scuffed up the clear...........so a little buffing and that'll be taken care of. The ends of the factory vinyls are a little tattered.........but I'll just order new ones and apply those as well.........fixes that mess.

I have a spare frame slider for some odd reason.........takes care of that.

My custom "Raccoon Tail" fender eliminator is trash though (cracked and shattered a damn Rizoma!!!!)............I'll get a used factory rear fender from eBay and re-do the mod again........but this time............BETTER! ...........and with a NEW Rizoma (which will be the most expensive part.........$37 bucks.) I might even do the Watsens in the rear........don't know yet.

I'm impressed with how well those frame sliders worked.......VERY impressed.

All in all, not as bad as I thought it would be.

Thanks for the offer though.