Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why is everybody crashing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:08 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is everybody crashing?

I remember back in May when we had a ton of posts about people crashing...it was like an epidemic at the beginning of the riding season, and now that the season is almost over, it's happening again. Another one of us is laying it down every day. I can understand it at the beginning of the riding season, as there's still a bit of rust, but why the hell is everybody laying their bikes down in September?!??

Old 09-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Default RE: Why is everybody crashing?

I remember all to well about the crashes earlier this year (as I were one of them) but yea, I was just thinking the same thing you were, too many crashes going on. I hate hearing about them.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 AM

Yall crash because yall dont ride enough.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Yall crash because yall dont ride enough.
Yep

Old 09-21-2008, 08:40 AM
RCR

I was riding twisties most of the day also, I was primed and had a good day. Just let my gaurd down on a city street at night. As for experiance my last wreck was at age 19, now being 39 I have to start a new safety record[:@]

Old 09-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i happen to ride every single day. its my daily transportation be it to work or the grocery store. i think it has more to do w/ how MUCH WE ride than a lack of riding. i was fortunate enough to have a wreck in the begining, wreck in the middle, and one here at the end........aaaah, what a season of riding [&o]

Old 09-21-2008, 09:59 AM

I remember last year we had a ton of wrecks at the end of the season too... I think its just people getting a little too comfortable and a little less cautious as far as scanning for shale/oil/etc on turns.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Banned

Accidents will happen, but ...

People don't respect their limitations. You can have all the safety gear in the world on, but the thing that people forget to use is their brain. For those of you that don't have, or ignore that voice in your head that preaches self-preservation and safety, you may be next. The other thing to consider is that everyone is simply not capable of riding a motorcycle safely, it is not a matter of training, it is a matter of not being able to deal with task overload in an orderly manner. Some people can't dance, some can't sing, some people can't ride a bike, it is that simple. Almost all one vehicle accidents are preventable, most two vehicle accidents are preventable. For those of you that have crashed (myself included) you know what I am saying, if you don't, sell your bike.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

possibly temps dropping, colder pavement, longer warm up times for tires. i know here in MD by around 4pm temps are low 60's and pavement is chilly.

Quick Reply: Why is everybody crashing?