Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

crash stories

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: crash stories

ok I can contribute....
It was Dec, 31st 2005, we left our meeting point at 9am. we out to do some twisties and get on it a bit. we turned on to a road that has a couple twisties and let loose.... as we went into the first turn a long left bank, we were up to about 130mph. everyone hit it and came through it no problem.
as I came out of it I didn't feel right because I didn't really know the road all that great. so I slowed down considerably. by the time the rider in front of me and I came into the next turn a right double sweeping bank. the rider in front of me started all wrong.. looked like he target fixated and started going over the double yellow. as I looked ahead of him I saw a dodge ram coming the other way... looking for my way out as I always did I made the decision to go straight and take my chances in the sand. as I got out of the way I tried everything to stop was not happening. I was very aware of my surroundings and knew that I had little time and room because on the barbed wire fence.. so I pushed pulled and did everything to get the bike to go down(house on the other side so didn't want a speeding bike to go through some kid playing in a yard or anything). as I made my decision I grabbed a handful of front brake and jumped. I rolled out of it my bike tumbled to a stop. as I picked myself up ( I actually don't remember doing so)I got that feeling you see in movies where all you can hear is the wind and everything else sounded like it was far away. I looked towards the road and see a lump.. I knew then it was the guy who was in front of me I look over to my left and see the pick-up. bike lodged under it... I walked to the road and see the worst thing I ever. He was laying in the road leg twisted from the mid thigh he was on his back and Iknew he was gone... I looked on the other side of the road and his arm from the forearm down was laying there. I got week at the knees and could not stop shaking.as one of the drivers pulled me over to sit. the group returned (they knew something had happened because they waited @ the stop sign for us.I was not surewhat to do I just could not think..after the EMT's got there they put a sheet over him and as the time went by I had to catch a ride with the tow truckcompany. I could not believejust how important it was to look my wife in the eye and tell her I love her was. as she looked and me and I told her what happened I fell over sobbing. I was just talking to this guy 30 minutes before we went down. the cops and all the other riders told me that the only thing that saved my life was my quick thinking and sticking with my instincts.

Since this I have slowed way down it took me a long time to get past this but I did.
I hope that somebody reads this and learns that the street is no place tobe riding hard.