Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

embarassing stories.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default embarassing stories.......

well i feel like an idiot... i am posting this to hopefully hear some of you guys stories from your first year riding. well as many of you know i got my first bike 1-2 months ago and just now started riding... i am 5'5" about 120 lbs. and riding a stock height cbr... (lowering links on the way) well i pull into the gas station and had to manuever around 2 cars to get to the pump. well i get gas and everything is fine then this guy from dallas comes up to me and starts telling me about his 954 rr and how he was an idiot on it and decided to sell it. well when i go to get on my bike to leave i not paying attention hop on my bike like i always do, the only difference is this time i have the wheels still turned to the right. therefore when i was getting on my bike all the weight immediately went to that side and since im on my tip toes i was not able to shift my position to stablize the bike fast enough resulting in a drop......... then when i go to pick it up i hear a POP and excrutiating pain shot up my back... i felt like a freaking idiot... well guys post your stories here and make me feel better about the situation lol......./.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 AM

I had about 150 miles on my new (at the time) 98 cbr smoknjoes edition bike, which was also my first bike. A few friends had gone ahead of me, as it was night, and being a new rider with a lot of deer in my area, I was staying back a bit. Well, long story short, I missed my friends driveway and decided to turn around and go back. I did basically the same thing, and locked my handlebars mid turn and down she went. I was only going about 2 miles an hour, so the damage wasnt horrible, but I had to look at those scratches until I sold the bike years later.

Thats about my only real newb mistake.... Besides leaving the kickstand down and putting it in gear and having the bike quit.... Im at around 150 time for that one.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done to many to mention & have seen plenty as well. I have mentioned here in forum about the time I started up my Kwaka in gear with out realizing it (you had to pull the clutch in to start it) I was standing next to it at the time, popped the clutch & watched my bike leave without me. 1st bike, a little Suzuki 2 stroke, showing off to my folks, revved the crap out of it & dropped the clutch, ended up on my back with the bike (still running) on top of me. On another Suzuki, came around a corner, trying to catch up with some friends (yeah embarrassing enough). They where waiting on the side of the road, so I hit the anchors & swerved on to the gravel, bike started to loose it, so I over compensated one way & bike went the other, repeated this about 2 more times, till the bike had enough of me & spat me over the bars. Then nearly ran over me as it went to find a place to hide in the scrub.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 AM

Was 17 years old gixxer 750, car load of blondes from my school next to me at a stop light, light goes green i drop the clutch put the front end in the air and have no clue what went wrong but i came right back down and hard! Drop my right hand off the bar and put my chest right into the windscreen, cracking it and knocking the wind outta myself, i get it recovered and am trying to get my visor up cause i cant breathe, well the shopping center i was aiming to get into i miss the driveway for...Go another 15 feet and hop up on the sidewalk drop the stand and literally fall off the bike on the grass tearing off my gloves helmet etc trying to breathe...needless to say they were impressed lol and got pictures driving by of me laying in the grass on the side of the road

Old 03-28-2010, 05:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
One of the early things that I did that sorrta was stupid .... aside from my many , many adventures with the cops on mini bikes which I will not elaborate about now ....

was , well me and a few mates were pulled over for the usual , speeding and the cops that got us had a hidden agenda that I was not savy too ...

We all get rolled off to the road side , om 20 years old , wound up like a top , lol , a bit pissed off , the cops come up to us and check all the bikes (all 1000cc road bikes) and this one cop comes up to me .... and asks me in this freakin bombastic way ... " have you got anything hiding in your boots "

Well me in a state of temporary insanity, think he is talking about our riding boots ... so I drop to the ground , strip my boots off and shove them in his face and say ....here yu go ....****ing satisfied !!!!

Well he turns to his mate cop and says ,
" we have a dick head here !! "
I respond and say , WTF are you on about !! ? I showed you my ****ing boots !!! and he goes on to explain that he actually meant the little storage compartment at the rear of the bikes ...
....they were searching for drugs or some chit as it turned out ...

but here's me on the ground , boots off , giving them chit ...and they by this time are laughing there heads off !!!!

Well I decide that knowing we were not carrying any dam thing let alone drugs , that I would whack my boots back on and give these guys heaps !!!

Well all that got me was an un- roadworthy ticket ( my 4 into 1 exhaust ) a speeding ticket and a threat of a night in the cells if I did not shut the **** up ....LOL

Moral of the story ...don't do nuthin till the bastards actually explain them selves ...LOL because dropping on the ground swearing my head off and telling them that they were a total waste of oxygen near got me locked up ...!!! and made me look like some what of a dick head .....
Must have been a Rookie cop, everyone knows you dopers shoved your stash down the front of your undies. (that's why I have my suspicions about Tony Abbott & his Budgie Smugglers, albeit a very small stash )

Old 03-28-2010, 08:42 AM

lol glad to know there are many with stories. makes me feel a lil better

Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 AM

a friend of mine stopped for gas last year. he has an 88 1000F, this bike is mint, well it was.
So he's telling us the story about him pulling up to the pump and this guy comes over and starts talking to him about his bike before he gets off. He pulls his gloves and helmet off, talks with the buy for 5 minutes or so and then without thinking, dismounts his bike, starts turning towards the pump to hear his bike clunk on the ground....

during the conversation he forgot to put his kickstand down
it caught the curb beside the pump and busted the lower fairing up a bit

Old 03-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a n00b drop thread lurking around here somewhere. Mine was dropping my bike twice in 5 minutes, breaking off the clutch and front brake levers. What's worse is the drops all started while parking the bike in a Rite Aid parking lot.

Of course I really should add "Having a 70 year old woman offer to help pick up my 400lb bike after a lowside"

Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Nex

Originally Posted by justasquid
leaving the kickstand down and putting it in gear and having the bike quit.... Im at around 150 time for that one.
Lol, yep....did this just last week after my first oil change. Actually, ended up doing it a few times because I'm thinking to myself "Oh Crap!, I just changed the oil, and now it won't stay in gear". After the 3rd time, I looked down at the kickstand

Quick Reply: embarassing stories.......