Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The CBRF Nicotine Cessation Competition

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The CBRF Nicotine Cessation Competition

Ok, here's the thing...I want to quit smoking. I've tried a few times and constantly fail, or just end up using nicotine substitutes like the Skoal I have in my lip right now. It effectively keeps me off the smokes, but what good is trading one evil for another? I am also HIGHLY competitive by nature...

SO....

Anybody interested in a nicotine elimination pool? All regular nicotine users who want in each pitch in $20 to a PayPal account. We pick a date to quit...last man standing wins the pot. I have enough faith in the members of this forum to base this solely on the honor system. I don't think anybody would be low enough to cheat on this one, or at least I would hope not, but I'll take my chances. If nobody trusts me enough to be the keeper of the money and pay the winner, then somebody else can do it. There's only a few rules...

1) You can't enter into this if you are a casual nicotine user. Any fool who smokes 1 or 2 a day can go weeks or months without a cig. This is for REAL smokers and dippers only. You must smoke a minimum of a half a pack a day or dip a half a can a day to qualify.

2) If you have a SINGLE cigarette or dip, you lose. Come back to this thread and confess the date and time of ur withdrawl from the pool.

3) Be honest.

This is about quitting and friendly competition. If you think about it, you only need to last a few days to justify your $20 investment into this. Let me know who, if anybody is interested. I would like to set a tentative "stop smoking" date of November 1st...

EDIT: Changed the title of this thread to generate more interest...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Default RE: A different approach to quiting...

Isnt chewing worse then smoking??

I have never smoked due to horrible asthma conditions..but if this takes off, It might be a cool way to help me kick my pain killer addiction. I've been doing better with it I guess. but not enough to make me happy.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

but if this takes off, It might be a cool way to help me kick my pain killer addiction. I've been doing better with it I guess. but not enough to make me happy.
I suppose we can add other drugs to this as well...I'll leave it up to anybody who actually takes an interest in this. I'm a pack-a-dayer and I know my odds of kicking the habit will be much greater if it's a competition. The money is secondary...I just REALLY like winning...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:27 PM

i was watching manswers last night. apparently the best way to kick an addiction is to see a therapist that literally kicks your *** whenever you relapse. It must be a woman that does the kicking/spanking, because it's more shameful that way. There's a country somewhere that practices this. Germany maybe? The relapse rate is very low.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU
It must be a woman that does the spanking
I'm thinking i would have different results

Old 10-15-2008, 12:42 PM

Interesting, I hope this actually starts, Id love to watch how it works out. More power to you guys! (Never smoked...cigs; have chewed thou now that I think of it)

Edit;
Actually, if this would work and people would honestlly go thru with the game, I'd be willing to pitch in a lil just cause I hate smoking soo much.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:56 PM

Im definitely in... i smoke a almost a whole pack a day.. if i am drinking i smoke an outstanding amount.. probably atleast a pack and a half. i smoke cigarettes like nobodies business and i have been looking for a reason to quit and shoortbuss you may have just added a couple years to my life. you can trust me to be 100% honest when or if i do crack.. i love competition myself so i will be dedicated to winning this competition. im sick of my car smelling like smoke and always feeling like i need to brush my teeth.it would save so much money so i figure if i am in the competition for a minimum of 4 days i have already made my 20 back.. excellent idea man

Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

Actually, if this would work and people would honestlly go thru with the game, I'd be willing to pitch in a lil just cause I hate smoking soo much.
Wow, that's a fantastic idea! Like I said before, I don't doubt the integrity of anybody on here. I have no problem giving up $20...hell, I gave more than that to blindinorange LOL.

We've already got myself and cbrsix, so even if we only get 3 more people who wanna do this, that's $100 in the pot. Maybe somebody will win it in a week, maybe somebody will quit smoking for good, but it's a step in the right direction if the spirit of competition can at least get you on the right path to quitting.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 PM

$100 worth of pot?!?!? What?!? Hell, I'm in!!! Sounds like a party!! lol

Flyou, that sounds like something those Germans would do. But if it was Japan, they'd actually violate you with some weird object, those crazy Japs. Ever see their gameshows?

No, but seriously Buss, good luck with quitting. One of the hardest things I've ever done, and still ahven't totally kicked it yet. You may as well give up drinking for a while too then, because that's what does it to you.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:32 PM

kinda off topic but had to post it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkklW7VEBHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi68hPMinAI

This sounds like a great idea but it just seems too easy bull**** & lie over a computer screen especially when money is involved. Very interested to see how it turns out...

Quick Reply: The CBRF Nicotine Cessation Competition