Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bull**** ticket how many got them

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once got a ticket in my truck for 37 in 25. Same as OP, but two cops in a driveway. They me got over 400' a way doing 37mph. 400' back is still a 35mph zone. There was also a car in front of me. One cop jumped out in front of her to pull her over almost getting hit. She swerved and kept on going while he then pulls me over. I took pictures and everything. But the judge for some strange reason kept on telling me that all arterial roads are 25mph. Even though the sign clearly said 35mph. Which he even admitted to. Thats my BS ticket. All the rest I deserved.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 PM

Got popped few years ago in my duramax doing 62 in a 45, was on a 2lane county road in BFE at 9pm, cop was down off the side of the road, didnt see him till the headlights came on and actually slowed to a stop thinking a car went off the road. He was cool wrote it up for a taillight bulb after i asked him what the speed limit was because i didnt even notice the sign.

Worst one was 18 years old racing a lightning down a highway on ramp in my monte carlo, early in the morning and the cop was sitting under the next overpass running radar, popped me a 117 when we hit the highway, i was ahead of the ford. I pulled over soon as i saw him putting the gun down, lightning took off. He said the guy in the ford saved my *** and gave me a 70 in a 55.

Next time you get pulled over for speeding, and the cop goes do you know why i pulled you over, dont play dumb, say speeding. I have gotten out of alot of tickets and that usually gives em a chuckle.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:03 PM

sure you could say i deserved the ticket, but to get caught by cops hiding in someone's yard that is crap. I did'nt feel safe with a at least 70 yr old women riding two feet from my back tire, so i went faster and i think most people would.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by justasquid
As for the situation. I don't go faster when someone is on my butt, I go slower. I'd rather have them tailgate me going slow than tailgate me going fast.

This is how I got into my first accident.
They ran me over, then drove off while I was face down in Pavement.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are places by my hometown where people who live on the street have gotten tired of people speeding down the streets so they volunteer their hidden driveways to cops to radar.

I've never really had a bull**** speeding ticket (I deserved every one :P), but I have had cops give me tickets for the license plate frame that the dealership put on my car. That's actually kind of a popular on in NJ from what I hear.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 AM

I was getting on I94 in my mustang and riped it through a few gears, no big deal.... someone called the cops on me saying i was driving wreckless, i just got on it 2nd through 4th reaching mabe 85 in a 70 mph. the sheriff that was sent out was in the area and cought up to me and pulled me over. he told me about the call and i told him exactly what i did, he said he has a mustang and then asked to see under the hood. he let me off with a warning because he didnt see me do it, i was honest and polite, and he liked my car. he told me to make sure no one was around next time. thats a good cop

Old 05-07-2010, 11:19 AM

I am kind of confused why everybody is complaining about getting tickets for going over the speed limit.... it doesn't matter where the cop was or wasn't, you were speeding. Just eat the ticket and learn from it. =/

Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by CrashTECH
I am kind of confused why everybody is complaining about getting tickets for going over the speed limit.... it doesn't matter where the cop was or wasn't, you were speeding. Just eat the ticket and learn from it. =/
In a way it does. Cops have laws to follow just as we do. Some cops are known to go around these laws to catch us.

Take my ticket for instance. The cop was radaring people in a 35 mph zone and said they were speeding in a 25mph zone. Its a 35 mph zone still when you come around a corner. The first 25 mph zone sign is well past that. The corner is where he got everyone. If I would of known about lawyers back then it would of been dropped in a second. So I did eat the ticket and learned from it.

Same goes for Cops in peoples yards or driveways. They need permission to radar on private property.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:09 PM

No, I understand that. I'd be pissed too if they got me where they shouldn't have been. I guess though, two wrongs don't make a right. Not that I never do anything wrong, but you know what I mean.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 AM

My problem is not getting caught. My problem is how they act AFTER they catch you. The last one I got I was coming over a small bridge and goosed it a little. It was a damn 30 mph zone and he got me doing like 47. NY State Parks Police with a chip on his shoulder. He was in his car going the other way and nailed me. Whatever, I'm busted. I'm nothing but respectful and he starts giving me the third degree "why are you going so fast?". Um, getting home to see my kid, I was in a rush, sorry. "Do you think I'm stupid or something?". No sir, I didn't realize I was going that fast. "Are you calling me a liar?". No sir, that was not my intent.

Incidentally, he was being a d!ck for no reason. When I showed up for court he was Mr. Sweetie Pie and they gave me a "deal". THERE'S the BS folks. You still walk out spending 150-200 bucks... only no points on the license.

Bottom line, your fault. Take your medicine.