Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bull**** ticket how many got them

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bull**** ticket how many got them

i got a ticket yesterday on a side street. this car was riding my *** and i was already going 32 so i gave it some gas, as i came over a hill these two cops were hiding in somone's front yard behind a tree, with no car anywhere. One used the gun and the other would walk out in the streetand stop cars. I did'nt know the pigs could hide in a residental yard behind a tree. Anyone else had this happen? or heard of it. They got me for 48 in a 25

Old 05-05-2010, 04:39 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Ouch man that sucks but I think I got you beat. I got a ticket for going 6 over, 46 in a 40. Best part was I was right next to a car doing the same speed but did the cop pull the car over, nope. Then the jerk gets out and has the nerve to say I give bikers a bad name by going 46 mph, wearing full gear with both tires planted firmly on the ground. Cops can be asses. Sorry bud.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I've seen them do all sorts of things over the years. Here their supposed to display a sign warning that there is a "Radar" check going on, many coppers display the sign behind them, that is, you don't see the sign till you've actually gone past the guy with radar gun. They have also reintroduced aerial speed checks on some of our freeway. Lines marked on the road & the cops time vehicles between each mark from a plane. Some areas will also put an unmarked police car on the side of a road, set up the camera & just leave it there for the day.
The one thing that p*sses me of most, is you're riding along with the flow of traffic & the cop pulls you over because you're on a bike.
I've told this one a few times, my mate on his GSX1400, riding down a very quite posted 50 KPH zone road, got done by a hidden roadside radar. Tagged at 120 KPH, $1200 fine + immediate loss of license, he opted for it to be heard in court, cost him over a $1000 for the wig, lost, still lost his license for 12 months + received a 2 year good behavior bond + still had to pay the fine (now increased because of non payment) + had to attend lectures for a month (for naughty drivers) + got a massive increase on his insurance (car & bike), oh how I love to rag him about that one.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:52 PM

did they write it for 48 in a 25? if so, thats a huge ticket for that far over. That really sucks.

As for the situation. I don't go faster when someone is on my butt, I go slower. I'd rather have them tailgate me going slow than tailgate me going fast.

I'd rant about cops with ya, but theres nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. I really dislike 99 percent of the cops out there.

I can't believe they just walk out in the street.. I sure as hell wouldn't be stopping. they can chase me in a car, then I'd stop, but there is no way Im stopping for some dude waving his hand. Could be anyone. Who's to say its even a cop. Theres a reason cop cars are marked.... so pedestrians know its a cop and not some random guy in a uniform..

Very odd in my opinion, and potentially fightable in court.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:18 AM

What's bull**** about it? You're going double the speed limit in a residential zone and got caught by the people whose job it is to enfore that law. It isn't the police officer's fault it is YOURS.....

Old 05-06-2010, 07:40 AM

Dude... you were going double the speed limit.

Originally Posted by justasquid
As for the situation. I don't go faster when someone is on my butt, I go slower. I'd rather have them tailgate me going slow than tailgate me going fast.
This.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:47 AM

they have become quite efficient at that style of stop here in florida, they park stealth and stand by the road with gun in hand and 9 out of ten peeps dont see them until he points at you to pull over, there are places they revisit over and over again. Now even the Troopers are using this type of tactic.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Seafordguy
What's bull**** about it? You're going double the speed limit in a residential zone and got caught by the people whose job it is to enfore that law. It isn't the police officer's fault it is YOURS.....
+1. i hate getting tickets but im not mad at the cop. i know im taking that chance when i speed or roll a stop sign ect. usually when they stop me (not very often) and ask do i know why they pulled me over i say "yeah i was being a dumb @$$ please go easy on me" and i usually get off with a warning.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by bambam
they have become quite efficient at that style of stop here in florida, they park stealth and stand by the road with gun in hand and 9 out of ten peeps dont see them until he points at you to pull over, there are places they revisit over and over again. Now even the Troopers are using this type of tactic.
+1 exactly what i was about to say. they do that **** ALL OVER here. ****ing pigs.

i somewhat recently got a ticket from one too! but not for speeding, and not even on my bike! i was driving my moms jeep a while back (which i hardly ever do) and at 8:00AM not 5 blocks from my house they are pulling this sneaky manuever. obviously once i roll up on them, i realize what it is because its nothing new here. BUT! it was 8am and i had just left the house... totally had not put on my seatbelt yet and hadnt realized it when i was rolling up on them. i **** you not the officer walked infront of my vehicle and stopped me and had me go off to the side. i got specifically pulled over for a seatbelt ticket. by a cop standing in the road. in a vehicle i never drive. i understand tacking on a seatbelt ticket to a douchebag youve already pulled over, but seriously to yank me because of that alone? **** you pigs have nothing better to do.

in florida its "click it or ticket" they are super gay with the seatbelt laws. my ticket was $116, just for not wearing my seatbelt. well i ride my bike as a daily driver. its my transportation. and here in lovely florida when you ride a bike, they DONT require insurance OR that you wear a helmet. yet if you drive a car, that i might add gets crashed tested before its sold to the general public, they REQUIRE you to wear a nylon strap around your waist or its breaking a law? are you KIDDING ME? i can risk my life on my bike all day long, and theres no laws against it.... but god forbid you get in your steel framed car that can withstand lots of impact and *NOT* wear your seat belt?! anwyays, i gave the cop my side of the story and he had no valid reasoning to back it up.

not to thread jack but these king of stops **** me off and thought id share my experience lol

Last edited by andyriot; 05-06-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by andyriot
i **** you not the officer walked infront of my vehicle and stopped me and had me go off to the side. i got specifically pulled over for a seatbelt ticket. by a cop standing in the road.
Now THAT is bull****. You're not endangering anyone else but yourself by not wearing a seatbelt.

I always wear my seatbelt... but they let people ride bikes without a helmet and they ticket people for not wearing a seatbelt in a cage?!

Quick Reply: bull**** ticket how many got them