Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Blog about learning to ride in Korea

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Blog about learning to ride in Korea

Well, I don't know how many people here plan on riding in Korea, but there are a lot of foreigners here and expect many more to come. I wrote up a blog and plan on continuing posts. If you or anyone you know needs info, I tried to be as complete as possible. None of this is for profit or anything, but it's my bit of meaningful contribution so pass it on. It's a lot of redundant info if you're already familiar with riding. Any feedback would help, too!

http://rokrider.blogspot.com/

Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after reading your blog i have some questions.

maybe i missed it but i dont think you mentioned why you were in korea....

also you dont own a honda but you are on cbr forum, what brings you here?

pretty cool blog action tho, makes me want to travel

Old 06-21-2010, 10:28 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by raylee
Well, I don't know how many people here plan on riding in Korea, but there are a lot of foreigners here and expect many more to come. I wrote up a blog and plan on continuing posts. If you or anyone you know needs info, I tried to be as complete as possible. None of this is for profit or anything, but it's my bit of meaningful contribution so pass it on. It's a lot of redundant info if you're already familiar with riding. Any feedback would help, too!

http://rokrider.blogspot.com/
awesome blog raylee... A++

Old 06-21-2010, 10:29 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Michaud85
The answer to this is obv. the cbr forum is BA lol duh...

we dont discriminate here

Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New format and I realized how boring it is without pictures so I drudged up what pictures I had and added them. Thanks for the feedback!

Originally Posted by Michaud85
after reading your blog i have some questions.

maybe i missed it but i dont think you mentioned why you were in korea....

pretty cool blog action tho, makes me want to travel
I'm in Korea to teach English. I'm leaving this August. The reason I'm on a CBR forum is because my original intention was to buy an F4i, but I couldn't find any in good enough condition and in doing as much research on the F4i's as possible before buying it I found the moderation to be excellent and contributions on this forum to be well worth reading and contributing to so I decided to stick around.

Don't worry, the R1 will be sold before I leave and if all goes as planned I will probably be on a CBR by next season (or this fall if I can find a good enough deal ). Honda's build progression philosophy really appeals to me as well as the reputation of how reliable they are. And hey, even if I'm not on a CBR, riding brings a lot of similar minded people together as well as information that isn't always just brand specific.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice blog Ray. I like it. A lot of time goes into something like that.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by raylee
New format and I realized how boring it is without pictures so I drudged up what pictures I had and added them. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm in Korea to teach English. I'm leaving this August. The reason I'm on a CBR forum is because my original intention was to buy an F4i, but I couldn't find any in good enough condition and in doing as much research on the F4i's as possible before buying it I found the moderation to be excellent and contributions on this forum to be well worth reading and contributing to so I decided to stick around.

Don't worry, the R1 will be sold before I leave and if all goes as planned I will probably be on a CBR by next season (or this fall if I can find a good enough deal ). Honda's build progression philosophy really appeals to me as well as the reputation of how reliable they are. And hey, even if I'm not on a CBR, riding brings a lot of similar minded people together as well as information that isn't always just brand specific.
killer dude keep it up

Old 06-24-2010, 11:06 AM

I was in Korea at Camp Humphrey and HOLY CRAP literally Koreans are the worst drivers in the world hands down! A red light is ignored most of the time. They don't watch for anyone on the road. It is terrible. I almost ran over a guy in an egg car (they really look like eggs) because he swerved in front of my humvee