Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bikes value?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking bikes value?

found a old 93F2 , and its pretty rough , but the engine purrs , plastics are all there, they fixed the corrosion on the motor with silver spray(ugh). but its the red white and blue.... ive always loved that one. broken head lamp, bad tires, but starts right up and idles smooth. would be great project. got em down to $1,200. but i still think it should be around $800. help would be great. tryin to load pic.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 AM

the best thing to do in the situation is go look over the bike really well. make a checklist of every little thing you will have to replace, fix, or change. Take that list and try to find the parts, if they are even available. and come up with a cost that it will take to fix it. Add a few hundred bucks to that because it always cost more than you think. then, find a few other bikes that don't need any repair and see how much they are going for. the bike your looking at should fall 500 or so under what the repairs are going to cost plus the cost of the bike to get the bike in the same condition as a good condition one that doesnt need any work. plus, this should only be if you truly like working on things, otherwise you'd be better off buying one that doesnt need any work.

In all honesty though, from the sounds of this bike, I wouldn't pay more than 500 for it. Im not trying to be mean, I have just seen many really nice condition early 90's 600cc bikes go for 1500. You could easily end up a grand into the bike and still only have a bike that is worth 1200-1500. Tires, chain and sprockets, plastics, paint, headlight, removing the crappy paint on the engine,.... who knows what else. It adds up very quick. Oh yeah, the corrosion on the motor is a good sign the bike was not taken care of. I would keep looking and pass on that one. Save up for one that has been well maintained.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:43 AM

thanks man, i think im gonna pass thinkin more about it. im not afraid of workin on a bike , the last 3 hondas were all not running when i bought them. but addin things up , this other f4i for 2800 in great shape would be a better idea. thanks for the reality check.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:57 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on Justasquid .

It's gotta be a labour of love to restore anything .

If money and cost even crosses your mind , then buying a fully restored bike is the only way to go. Let somebody else take the $$$$ hit and spend your time riding