Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Apple iPod-Need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apple iPod-Need help

I got one these so called bitchen Apple iPod's for my wife for Chritmas, everything was fine untill she down loaded the program from Apple( to update the soft ware)to use the thing, now its stuck in a "restore loop" and can't get the F#CKIN thing to work!!!!!!!! really pisses me off cuz I thought these things were the SH*T, can't uninstall the program, can't use the piece of crap at all, its a F#CKINpaper weight right now, apperently others according to the Apple forum have had this problem [:@] Do any of you computer guru's have an answer for me ??????????? I really looked forward to my wife having this gift and now it does not work after like 5 min, PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN [>:]

Old 12-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Default RE: Apple iPod-Need help

i can help you....what kind of ipod...does it have a viewable screen and if so, what does it say....does that computer still work fine

Old 12-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Retired Administrator

Wished I had an answer. iPoop is kind of over rated and not a user friendly toy. I too had to buy one as a gift for my daughter and cannot find one reason other than the cool button that turns your volume up and down that anyone would want an iPoop over a normal MP3 player. More money for what?

But to answer your question, my brother in law had one do the same thing and had to ship it to Apple for replacement. His did the restart loop then started doing absolutely nothing. Not a single light, beep or flicker would come on.

Good luck.

Old 12-25-2006, 01:54 PM

30 Gb, yes viewable screen, it says to connect to computer use itunes to restore
ORIGINAL: NC CBR1K

i can help you....what kind of ipod...does it have a viewable screen and if so, what does it say....does that computer still work fine

Old 12-25-2006, 01:57 PM

unplug the ipod from the cpu, and go to start on the desktop and all programs and system restore and restore the computer to a date before you starting messing with i tunes and let me know when your done

Old 12-25-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered Users

Same thing happened to my boss' 30GB iPod. Craziness.

Anyway, this is how I fixed it:

1. Plug the iPod into the computer and it should just pop up as a hard drive on "E:\" or whatever drive is free. Make a "temp" folder on your computer and copy all the music from the iPod to "temp" folder. Do this if there's music to be saved.

2. Uninstall the current iPod software and make sure iTunes is updated on your computer. I found the CD that came with her iPod to be completely useless. Go to apple.com to get the latest version. Install.

3. Once you install iTunes,open on your computer and click "File" then "Sync iPod." Do this until you can scroll and see thesections/folders on your iPod. I had to do it about 6 times before her iPod started to work. At this point, whatever part of the program your iPod dumped should be restored.

4. Once your iPod is working again, open iTunes andimport (should automatically import to your 'Music' folder under "Library" on iTunes). Select whatever music you want and drag/drop to the iPod under "Devices".

Again, don't know what the deal is with the 30GB iPods, but it took me a good hour to fix my boss' toy. Never had that problem with my lowly Shuffle

Merry Christmas~

~Steph

Old 12-25-2006, 02:25 PM

Working on it, cell phone won't stop ringing [:@]

Old 12-25-2006, 02:53 PM

Cool, exept I don't know how to do any of this [&o], my stepson is the computer guru here, trying to get a hold of him right now, I will show him the step by step instuctions you sent me here. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, as soon as he gets here and does this I'll letyou guy's know how it turns out, again THANKS
ORIGINAL: stephygee

Same thing happened to my boss' 30GB iPod. Craziness.

Anyway, this is how I fixed it:

1. Plug the iPod into the computer and it should just pop up as a hard drive on "E:\" or whatever drive is free. Make a "temp" folder on your computer and copy all the music from the iPod to "temp" folder. Do this if there's music to be saved.

2. Uninstall the current iPod software and make sure iTunes is updated on your computer. I found the CD that came with her iPod to be completely useless. Go to apple.com to get the latest version. Install.

3. Once you install iTunes,open on your computer and click "File" then "Sync iPod." Do this until you can scroll and see thesections/folders on your iPod. I had to do it about 6 times before her iPod started to work. At this point, whatever part of the program your iPod dumped should be restored.

4. Once your iPod is working again, open iTunes andimport (should automatically import to your 'Music' folder under "Library" on iTunes). Select whatever music you want and drag/drop to the iPod under "Devices".

Again, don't know what the deal is with the 30GB iPods, but it took me a good hour to fix my boss' toy. Never had that problem with my lowly Shuffle

Merry Christmas~

~Steph

Old 12-25-2006, 05:28 PM

I fixed both of my broken ipods 20gb and 30 gb by going and ordering a dell dj 30gb Have had it for over a year now without one single problem. Never again will I get an ipod.

Old 12-25-2006, 05:45 PM

I got my ipod for free over 2 yrs ago....not many issues...but it isnt user friendly and it has stupid thingslike only being able to sync with one cpu at a time