Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Apparel

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Sorry bro but im about to bash you! I understand riding may be a passion but sometimes you have know when it is appropriate to ride.....A job in which your dress code includes a tie and shirt is not an appropriate time..... Apparently you have to be presentable for your customers/ clients. Thats like me putting my dress green/blues on and riding to a promotion board..... I guess its my military side speaking, which is why fitting into a civilian supervisor position would be hell on my employees.
Hooah Battle.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I consider all parts of my body important, so I always wear my gear: helmet, jacket, pants, gloves and riding boots.

I used to wear leathers all the time, but I just picked up an A*s Argon jacket and Edge Drystar pants for commuting. Summer textiles are next on the list.

For those low on funds, know your size and keep an eye on Craigslist and other motorcycle classifieds. I have scored brand new gear for cheap by being vigilant about checking everyday. So far I have an A*s GP plus jacket, A*s track pants, Teknic Violator boots and an A*s RC-1 Jacket all for $450. I sold the Violators for 100 and picked up some A*s SMX5s for 150. So 500 bucks for brand new gear.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everytime i turn the key i have at minimum helmet, leather joe rocket jacket, leather gauntlet gloves, black jeans and work boots.

i have leather pants but to and from work just will not work out for me. if im goin out for hrs then yes ill slap them on. if its wickedly hot out, i always ride with a bookbag, even empty at times, ill just bring a change of closes and deodorant.

im in the market for sidi boots as ive already low slid once before and work boots did not hold up at all. infact they caused more damage allowing my ankle to rotate and now i deal with pain from time to time.