Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Apparel

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 05:10 PM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so far i wear my helmet, leather jacket (not riding, regular) which i figured its better than just a hoodie, regular marine corp issue leather dress gloves and 2 layers of pants (sweats and jeans) and regular shoes. its still cold and right now i can not afford the gear i will be riding in the summer with. when spring comes full speed i will be getting riding gloves and a jacket.
and thinking about getting full body armor.

if someone wants to ride in their speedos, let them, and in the end they will be in pain and those who wear proper gear will keep riding and enjoying their bikes.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:15 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Thats like me putting my dress green/blues on and riding to a promotion board.....

i sure would like to see that (i would take a pic.) never seen enyone on motorcycle in their Dress Blues.
that would be a sight to see, a lot of devil dogs on chery point base were riding in the work uniforms with just the helmets.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:08 PM

I'd like a nice jacket but I can't afford it..

Old 03-06-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
i sure would like to see that (i would take a pic.) never seen enyone on motorcycle in their Dress Blues.
that would be a sight to see, a lot of devil dogs on chery point base were riding in the work uniforms with just the helmets.
You wouldnt see it from me, I was speaking on him in business attire on a motorcycle. You as a service member know there is a time and place as well as i do....

Old 03-07-2011, 12:19 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
You wouldnt see it from me, I was speaking on him in business attire on a motorcycle. You as a service member know there is a time and place as well as i do....

i sure do........
let anybody see you out of uniform (dress blues and a motorcycle, would be considered out of uniform) and hell just was unleashed on your a$$.

just saying it would be a kodak moment for sure........ priceless.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have FirstGear textile overpants that I wear over dress trousers on my way to work, and in hot weather I'll wear them over shorts or gym trunks. They have full-length side zippers so I can zip them down a few inches at the top to get a little ventilation.

It can get a little warm, but if I'm on my way to work it's early in the morning and relatively cool, so it's not too bad. And on the way home, who cares how hot I am. I'll just take a shower when I get there anyway, and I'd rather sweat than bleed.

The least I ever wear is Draggin' Jeans, with the kevlar butt and knees. Ultimately we all make our own decision about how much risk to assume.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:59 PM

That's a great couple of words... I'd rather sweat than bleed. For sure!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Consider chaps. Sized to go over pants they can be worn with anything.

Gloves are a must! What's the first thing you do when you fall down? Put your hands out!

Summer will see me in a vest for short trips, anything longer a jacket. Ankle lace-up boots (they don't do any good, if they ain't on your feet).

It's tempting to go 'casual', but I always buckle my seat belt, too.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, yeah! By the way, I just bought a cherry leather motorcycle jacket for my wife at the Salvation Army for 12 bucks. Barely worn. Pawn shops are another good place to check out. No it's not instant gratification, but it IS pennies on the dollar. Don't discount Craig's List either, I see a lot of bargains in the Tulsa area, I can't believe I'm special. lol ;-)

Ern

Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 PM

I wear a Joe Rocket Kings textile jacket, gloves, jeans and a helmet. When I first started riding I would just wear a helmet and a hoodie and some jeans. I just recently bought 2 hjc helmets off of Craigs List for 100 bucks. I got my JR textile off of another motorcycle forum for 50 bucks in new condition. If you look around you can find some great deals on motorcycle gear. I am purchasing a leather Honda Repsol jacket this week off of Craigs List for a great price too!!!

Quick Reply: Apparel