Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Apparel

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Sorry bro but im about to bash you! I understand riding may be a passion but sometimes you have know when it is appropriate to ride.....A job in which your dress code includes a tie and shirt is not an appropriate time..... Apparently you have to be presentable for your customers/ clients. Thats like me putting my dress green/blues on and riding to a promotion board..... I guess its my military side speaking, which is why fitting into a civilian supervisor position would be hell on my employees.
You can bash all you want - I won't lose any sleep. If I didn't ride to work on occasion I basically wouldn't ride at all. It's a risk I have decided to take. Wearing a jacket, gloves, helmet is my best effort to mitigate the risk of full body rash if something were to happen.

If I want to ride over to a buddies house, and it is T-Shirt weather and I want to take that risk - that is my option.

Relax a little man - it is riding a motorcycle, it is supposed to be fun.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 PM

Yeah. That's where I'm getting so confused. The reason I have one is to have fun. It's not a chore(somewhat). Most of the reasoning for jeans was inconvenience though... not safety. But all in all, I think I'll be wearing gloves, helmet, jacket, sneakers, and jeans, but if I'm going to work (mile and a half down the road) I'll be wearing shorts. Thanks for all of your opinions. On that note, anyone have any opinions on this? http://www.buy.com/prod/joe-rocket-p...212432686.html

Old 03-04-2011, 03:57 PM

zach that sounds good to me. i used to wear shorts but in the summer its gets really hot sometimes beacuse of the motor, but for my short trips shorts are still used. I agree with what ya are doing completely

Old 03-04-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Seafordguy
If I want to ride over to a buddies house, and it is T-Shirt weather and I want to take that risk - that is my option.

Relax a little man - it is riding a motorcycle, it is supposed to be fun.
You might as well just be riding NAKED then cause that's what you doing hahaahhaha
You are right it's your risk man do what you want you fall and scrape your skin so bad it goes to the bone you gonna be happy with that right?? ahahahah
And riding a motorcycle is supposed to be fun and SAFE..........
but SOME PEOPLE always forget the safe part whatever it's there choice....
Good luck this year in your t-shirt bud!!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by jasonb
You might as well just be riding NAKED then cause that's what you doing hahaahhaha
You are right it's your risk man do what you want you fall and scrape your skin so bad it goes to the bone you gonna be happy with that right?? ahahahah Of Course I am not going to be happy - I'm gonna be pissed. But you won't hear me complaining because it was NOONE's fault but mine.
And riding a motorcycle is supposed to be fun and SAFE..........
but SOME PEOPLE always forget the safe part whatever it's there choice.... Exactly - it's everyone's choice. I just get tired of the overzealous gear *****. Wear whatever the **** you want to wear. If you're comfortable with the level of risk taken on by not having on gear then so be it.

Good luck this year in your t-shirt bud!! PS - you missed my post that said the majority of the time I ride is to work, and that I have on a jacket/gloves/helmet. Probably have on that amount of gear 95% of the time.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:49 PM

COOL MENG!

Old 03-05-2011, 09:18 AM

I think you got it twisted, i didnt bash you for gear. Im calm and cool. I spoke on professionalism and appearance

Old 03-05-2011, 09:46 AM

I wear armored gloves and my Sidi Slash boots wherever I go. I have a mesh armored jacket I west when it's hot and a Joe Rocket Honda Superhawk leather jacket when its cooler out. Although I'll probably make that my full time jacket. When I'm not going to work, I wear Shift Torque jeans. When I am riding to work it's just plain ol khakis. To each their own though. I don't know why people bash others for not wearing gear. It's their body if they wanna rash it up.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:08 AM

they call me speedo torpedo cause thats all i wear when i ride LOL!

Old 03-06-2011, 04:08 PM

leather coat, gloves, blue jeans, helmet, and boots.

Quick Reply: Apparel