Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Apparel

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apparel

I'm about to start riding and I was wondering what you guys normally wear when riding. Not necessarily far, but maybe even to work. I just HATE pants and it's extremely hot here in Florida, but it looks like everyone wears them. Also, gloves? Does everyone wear gloves? I would think it would be a good idea, and that's not as annoying as pants. Especially when I have to wear shorts for work. Helmet, T shirt, gloves, shorts, and shoes? I know it's not totally safe, but do any of you do this? Or even a mesh jacket?

Old 03-04-2011, 02:56 AM

The question comes down to if you really want to save your own skin...
When I go out I always have a LEATHER JACKET. 90 95 100 degree's outside I'm in my leather jacket and black jeans.. Now that I have my Gp-pro suit I'm gonna be in that all the time in the summer..... I wear gloves ALL the time no matter what!!
You are asking for trouble if you don't wait any gear if you looking like this guy then you really need rethink what the hell you doing when I see people like that I always laugh at them.....
At least get a leather jacket or a really tough mesh jacket not no cheap *** Sh*t's that sell for 75 bucks or whatever..... Save your skin man you don't want to look like this.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at minimum I wear my helmet, gloves, Sidi boot, and a leather jacket and most times leather pants regardless of how hot it is. If its to how for gear then its to hot to ride!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe rocket textile jacket, shift kicker boots, A* gloves, helmet, jeans.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:09 AM

Alright thanks for the input. And no I do not want to look like that guy haha. I've been looking at the textile jackets, I'd rather spend the money than have my skin easily ripped off by the road ha. It's funny because when I dirt-biked, everyone would wear pants and a t shirt with helmet, while I was in full gear, helmet, gloves, boots, chest plate haha so I know I need to be safe. Thanks guys.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 AM

Ya I wear helmet textile jacket gloves jeans and just sneaks most of the time. Its funny because when i dirt bike its jeans, a t shirts, helmet and gloves with riding boots. I guess my level of gear is all mixed up lol. When I first started riding on the street I didnt mind wearing just glove shorts a t-shirt and a helmet, but after just my first season its all covered all the time, I dont want to risk it.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by ZachLeon
I'm about to start riding and I was wondering what you guys normally wear when riding. Not necessarily far, but maybe even to work. I just HATE pants and it's extremely hot here in Florida, but it looks like everyone wears them. Also, gloves? Does everyone wear gloves? I would think it would be a good idea, and that's not as annoying as pants. Especially when I have to wear shorts for work. Helmet, T shirt, gloves, shorts, and shoes? I know it's not totally safe, but do any of you do this? Or even a mesh jacket?
I wore shorts 'ONCE' when I first started riding. The breeze was both refreshing and uncomfortable lol but the last thing you need is a yellow jacket flying up your shorts while cruising down the highway at 80. IMO If I was you I would rock out with a leather jacket, helmet, "good" gloves, jeans, and some type of boot atleast.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 AM

I wore shorts once on a very hot day. The hot air blowing over the radiator/hot frame/other hot parts of the bike, and onto my shins was much hotter than wearing jeans.

Leather jacket, gloves, helmet and jeans is a standard for me.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:17 AM

I am a more casual rider than a lot of guys on here.

If I am going to work (shirt and tie dress code) I wear my work clothes and try to wear my Jacket over it.

Gloves and Helmet ALL the time unless I am just riding around our little neighborhood or back and forth to my brother's house which is about 1/2 mile away.

If I actually go out to ride, or it is the weekend or I am going somewhere socially, I wear Jeans, Jacket, Helmet, Gloves.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Seafordguy
I am a more casual rider than a lot of guys on here.

If I am going to work (shirt and tie dress code) I wear my work clothes and try to wear my Jacket over it.

Gloves and Helmet ALL the time unless I am just riding around our little neighborhood or back and forth to my brother's house which is about 1/2 mile away.

If I actually go out to ride, or it is the weekend or I am going somewhere socially, I wear Jeans, Jacket, Helmet, Gloves.
Sorry bro but im about to bash you! I understand riding may be a passion but sometimes you have know when it is appropriate to ride.....A job in which your dress code includes a tie and shirt is not an appropriate time..... Apparently you have to be presentable for your customers/ clients. Thats like me putting my dress green/blues on and riding to a promotion board..... I guess its my military side speaking, which is why fitting into a civilian supervisor position would be hell on my employees.

Quick Reply: Apparel