Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone with experience with Herniated Discs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

OK! Let me explain a little about the BEST Technique. When your muscles get stressed (car accident or heavy lifting, i.e.) they freeze or lock up. The brain turns them on but forgets to turn them off. This technique reunites the brain and the mussels turning them off. When this happens the body is not working against it’s self anymore.

When you hold your breath, your body wants to conserve energy and in doing so shuts down involuntary muscles. The locked up muscles return to the state of rest. They may have been turned on for years causing much pain and pulling the spine off center.

I have told coworkers about this technique that have been suffering from football pains to cars wrecks. They have tried it and are now 85-100% pain free.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear it all went well. Yes, the nerve damage will take a while to recover. Hopefully the damage was only temporary. The faster it goes away, the less damage existed.

The digestive problems are related to your bowels being paralyzed during the procedure by the anesthetics. That should normalize soon.

TBT seems to be talking about muscle spasms. When your body (especially your back) senses an injury, it will automatically tighten all the muscles to prevent further injury. Often, that spasming hurts more than the actual injury. (I've had that myself). The fix for that is medication in the form of muscle relaxers. Doctors can actually feel such spasms, and you will get the meds for that once they have been identified.

The fact that your surgery was on the minimal end of the spectrum and that you had immediate relief are terrific signs of success of the procedure and a very good prognosis. Good luck. Happy to hear it.

Last edited by JHouse; 09-23-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:13 PM

thanks guys.
yea, i feel even better today. less pain when i get up and lay down

that BEST technique does sound cool, but i dont think it would have fixed my discs
discs are supposed to look kind of "heart shaped", where the little divit area gives room in the spinal canal, well my L5/S1 looked more like a watermelon, lol
but i will definately keep that in mind next tiem i have back pain or anything that may be related to the back.

thanks for all the help and info guys

Old 09-23-2009, 02:45 PM

Good. One more thing. If anything starts feeling worse, let your doc know. Even if you just call his staff. They know your history, and if it could be anything significant, they will get you right back in for further evaluation.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Had my two week check up thursday and he said everything looked good, except that, because of my age, he didnt expect me to still be having drainage from the incision, which i still have. Its slowing, but he told me on thursday to remove the "steristrips" that are over the incision on saturday. (I have stitches on this inside of the incision, and these butterfly strips over the outside holding my skin together)

my concern now is, if the draining hasnt stopped should i remove the strips?
i called the office yesterday, but the doctor wasnt in

It seems like if there is still drainage, then the skin isnt completely healed together, and i dont wanna take these strips off and have it split back open

anyone had an incision with the same stitching/steri strip dressing?