Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone with experience with Herniated Discs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G3NESYS
how exactly do i know how good they are?
the one who im referred to is from here in indiana. He went to Indiana University and Butler University, he is a neuro surgeon who i guess has alot of experience w. herniated discs. Dr. Duncan of Central Indiana Orthopedics, i believe
My experience with Anglo doctors from the Midwest is that they are extremely conscientious and well trained. I know that is a gross generalization, but the fact that he is in a respected group and his partners keep him around is a good sign. Isn't Indiana University a top school around there? Get on his medical school's website and figure out what hospital it is affiliated with. Is that a top hospital in the area? As I said, you can look him on on the website of the State Board of Medical Examiners to see if he has ever been disciplined. Find out if he is board certified. You already got a referral from a good Doc, so you are probably fine.

Last edited by JHouse; 09-10-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:58 AM

Sure fire method. Find the nearest teaching hospital. Find the chairman of the orthopedics or neurosurgery department. Try to get an appointment with him. If he can't see you, get a referral to someone on his team.
I defended doctors in malpractice claims for about 15 years.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:12 AM

do spinal decompression , go to physical therapy and listen very well and do everything they say to the tee, get a deep tissue massage once a month or week if you can afford it and strech, thats what it takes. i been in the medical field for over five years seen thousands of the same case, trust me

Old 09-10-2009, 01:20 AM

Ok, one last time. No one here can diagnose or treat you. You can hang upside down by your heals all day, and it may very well releive the pressure on the nerve. Until you stand back up.

RADIATING PAIN DEEP IN AN EXTREMETY IS DIFFERENT.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by JHouse
Ok, one last time. No one here can diagnose or treat you. You can hang upside down by your heals all day, and it may very well releive the pressure on the nerve. Until you stand back up.

RADIATING PAIN DEEP IN AN EXTREMETY IS DIFFERENT.
j house who are you? you think you know it all huh, go chase some ambulances, i have lived these situations for years and know whats up . im not some guy tryin to make money of someones misfortune ! punk dont talk unless you know age doesnt bring wisdom experience does.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:08 AM

I am the guy who doesn't tell people that a "fingerprint" symptom of a potentially extremely serious and life altering condition should be left undiagnosed or should be treated by those who aren't qualifed to make the diagnosis.

And I forgot to mention: You are a bike rider right? Bike seats buck a little harder than your father's Cadillac. Not a good place to be with a potentially unstable condition.

Last edited by JHouse; 09-11-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gently, boys !
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, however ill-infomed it may be.
There has been a great deal of good advice here, from people who certainly know more about it than I do (I've had spondyolisthesis since I was 15)
punk dont talk unless you know age doesnt bring wisdom experience does.
Nope - time out.
TAKE IT TO PM'S please.
Keep it on the island, gentlemen...............

Old 09-11-2009, 12:43 AM

Sorry if I was pushy. I did it out of concern, not arrogance (I hope). I guess I might have been:

Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 AM
November 2009 ROTM

my question is... have any of you or do any of you know anyone who has had a herniated disc and had to have surgery on it?

Yes,i know of several people here in Aussie,who have had surgery on the lower lumbar/Disc,both male &Female.
The three i know all had success,but probably NOT all the same diagnosis to start with.....

Me personaly,if my xrays show my skeleton is complete,although a little twisted,i put up with the pain,agro,visit the Chiro once a year or if im jammed up,to each there own.

Hope you get over this pain & recover.

Quick Reply: Anyone with experience with Herniated Discs?