Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another crash!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another crash!

ORIGINAL: demonchild
Also, my parents taught me to kick the dogs that used to chase me on my dirtbike, otherwise stuff like this happens.
MSF teaches not to kick at dogs. You could lose your balance, or worse, have them bite your pant leg and then you're screwed. Idealy, you slow down a little, then as they start towards you, speed up. Hard to do under his circumstanses, though.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

MSF teaches not to kick at dogs. You could lose your balance, or worse, have them bite your pant leg and then you're screwed.
You mean the dog is screwed. Drag that bitch down the road.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

how are your taxes effected working in another country and living in the USA? just curious..
My taxes seem to be more screwed up every year. I have ended up paying $1-2K every year that I have been here. No federal tax is withheld from my check, only Mexican income tax. I have to file a return in Mexico and what I pay to the Mexican government amounts to a foreign tax credit on my US 1040. Due to paying the Mexican tax Whirlpool, my employer, hires a CPA to do my taxes for me.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:34 PM

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

ORIGINAL: demonchild

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Everyone else is trying to cross from the México side and work in the US and you cross from the US side and work in México.
That's pretty funny and true... usually the wagers go own as you move further south to work...
Not the case for me. I was persuaded to work in Mexico with a $20K/year pay raise. It was almost enough to put up with the language problems and lengthy waits at US Customs around the holidays (3+ hours). The other problem as of late is the shootouts between members of the drug cartels and the Mexican Military. This has been taking place less than 3 miles from where I work. Iregularly see Mexican Military vehicles patrolling the streets on my way to and from work. Thefactory that I work in will be closing in May so I will be heading back to Iowa in June.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:38 PM

They taught me something in the msf class about when a dog runs after you. I dont remember what they said to do because I honestly never thought that would be a problem. Well maybe I should refresh

Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: FITZ

They taught me something in the msf class about when a dog runs after you. I dont remember what they said to do because I honestly never thought that would be a problem. Well maybe I should refresh
Slow down as much as you need (given the drivers behind you have room to slow aswell) to make sure the dog doesn't get infront of you... when the dog is beside you, GAS it and get the hell outta there [sm=gears.gif]