Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Trivia

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trivia

[hr]
[/align]
'Stewardesses'is the longest word typed with only the left hand ..
And 'lollipop'
is the longest word typed with your right hand.
No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

'Dreamt' is the only English word that ends in the letters 'mt'.

Our eyes
are always the same size from birth, but our nose and earsnever stop growing
The sentence: 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' uses every letter of the alphabet.

The words 'racecar,'
'kayak'and 'level'are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.

TYPEWRITER
is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

A goldfish
has a memory span of three seconds.
A snail
[size=3] can sleep for three years.[font="comic sans ms"][color=maroon][/co

Old 02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Trivia

I knew that.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:53 PM

Im confused... whats the trivia part?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Ty

And the right answers.....

Aftereffects, Desegregated, and Reverberated all have as many letters as Stewardesses

Polyphony is the longest right-handed word

Orange rhymes with Blorenge (an English mountain) and Sporange (a spore sac). Silver rhymes with Chilver (an ewe lamb). Month rhymes with Grunth (English name for a Popular Punjabi religion). Purple rhymes with Herpal (having to do with herpes).

Adreamt and Undreamt are words unto themselves, not just conjugates of dreamt.Dreamt is, by the way, British English.

The average person has eyes that grow from 18mm to 25mm during their life.

Pangrams (using every letter) are common, the shortest ones are 28 letters that use only official words. Allowing proper names to be used, the 26 letter pangram "Jocks find quartz glyph, vex BMW." has no doubles at all (and uses both the comma and the period).

There are thousands of palindromes, the longest single word being "tattarrattat", otherwise known as a knock at the door.

Annelidous ends in dous as well.

Annelidous also has its vowels in order. So does Abstentious, Aerious, Arsenious, Arterious, Caesious, among about twenty others. More impressive is the use of all six vowels in one word in order - Abstentiously.

On one row, I can make Repertoire and Perpetuity, both with as many letters as Typewriter.

A cat has 32 muscles "ON" it's ears.

Actually, Plymouth University scientists recently trained goldfish as part of an experiment designed to help salmon fish farmers. They found that goldfish have memory up to three months, also that they can manipulate and are socially aware.

A snail can Hibernate for three years, not sleep. There is a difference.

Almonds are a member of the "Rosaceae" family. That's roses, mostly. They are related to the peach, kind of, because an almond is actually a pit of a fruit, not a nut. Closer to the almond would be the cherry and the plum.

Ostriches eyes are approximately the same size as their brains. At a young age, the brain is larger, because the eyes grow. The brain has a much larger mass than the eyes due to its density.

Babies born without kneecaps have "Nail Patella Syndrome". The kneecap is cartilage at birth and ossifies (becomes bone) at about age 3

February is the only month short enough to not have a full moon. It happened in 1866, 1885, 1915, 1934, 1961, and 1999. It will happen again in 2018.

The European Rabbit, Turkey, Duck, Ferret, Yak, and Camel all fall within your 4000 year domestication period. Swans and Canaries weren't even domesticated until 1500AD, that's only 500 years ago.

If the population of China was eight abreast, toe to heel, they would easily wrap around the earth forming an endless line. Assuming that you mean I never see the same person twice, it would take between 20 and 40 years for them to all walk by, even with reproduction counted in.

The scissors were invented by the Egyptians around 1500 BC. The Romans modified them to the cross-blade style we have now around 100 AD.

Dynamite contains Trinitroglycerin, or nitrated glycerol. Glycerol can be found in a vast number of places, or made synthetically. One such place that glycerol can be found is peanuts. The chances that peanuts are actually sourced for dynamite - pretty low.

Rubber bands, otherwise known as Vulcanized Rubber, degrade when exposed to low humidity or temperature changes. That type of rubber will last longer in a refrigerator only if the refrigerator provides a more stable temperature and humidity level than the alternative.

The av

Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 AM

[sm=oopssign.gif]So serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lighten up Ty[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Ty

I'm just kidding with you. I can't believe I'm so bored that I looked all that stuff up.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

More useless trivia:

Broccolimakes me gassy.

Matt Dillon once asked a friend of mine to do'69' in a car.

A yellowtail snapper bites harder than an ostrich.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: Ty

And the right answers.....

Aftereffects, Desegregated, and Reverberated all have as many letters as Stewardesses

Polyphony is the longest right-handed word

Orange rhymes with Blorenge (an English mountain) and Sporange (a spore sac). Silver rhymes with Chilver (an ewe lamb). Month rhymes with Grunth (English name for a Popular Punjabi religion). Purple rhymes with Herpal (having to do with herpes).

Adreamt and Undreamt are words unto themselves, not just conjugates of dreamt.Dreamt is, by the way, British English.

The average person has eyes that grow from 18mm to 25mm during their life.

Pangrams (using every letter) are common, the shortest ones are 28 letters that use only official words. Allowing proper names to be used, the 26 letter pangram "Jocks find quartz glyph, vex BMW." has no doubles at all (and uses both the comma and the period).

There are thousands of palindromes, the longest single word being "tattarrattat", otherwise known as a knock at the door.

Annelidous ends in dous as well.

Annelidous also has its vowels in order. So does Abstentious, Aerious, Arsenious, Arterious, Caesious, among about twenty others. More impressive is the use of all six vowels in one word in order - Abstentiously.

On one row, I can make Repertoire and Perpetuity, both with as many letters as Typewriter.

A cat has 32 muscles "ON" it's ears.

Actually, Plymouth University scientists recently trained goldfish as part of an experiment designed to help salmon fish farmers. They found that goldfish have memory up to three months, also that they can manipulate and are socially aware.

A snail can Hibernate for three years, not sleep. There is a difference.

Almonds are a member of the "Rosaceae" family. That's roses, mostly. They are related to the peach, kind of, because an almond is actually a pit of a fruit, not a nut. Closer to the almond would be the cherry and the plum.

Ostriches eyes are approximately the same size as their brains. At a young age, the brain is larger, because the eyes grow. The brain has a much larger mass than the eyes due to its density.

Babies born without kneecaps have "Nail Patella Syndrome". The kneecap is cartilage at birth and ossifies (becomes bone) at about age 3

February is the only month short enough to not have a full moon. It happened in 1866, 1885, 1915, 1934, 1961, and 1999. It will happen again in 2018.

The European Rabbit, Turkey, Duck, Ferret, Yak, and Camel all fall within your 4000 year domestication period. Swans and Canaries weren't even domesticated until 1500AD, that's only 500 years ago.

If the population of China was eight abreast, toe to heel, they would easily wrap around the earth forming an endless line. Assuming that you mean I never see the same person twice, it would take between 20 and 40 years for them to all walk by, even with reproduction counted in.

The scissors were invented by the Egyptians around 1500 BC. The Romans modified them to the cross-blade style we have now around 100 AD.

Dynamite contains Trinitroglycerin, or nitrated glycerol. Glycerol can be found in a vast number of places, or made synthetically. One such place that glycerol can be found is peanuts. The chances that peanuts are actually sourced for dynamite - pretty low.

Rubber bands, otherwise known as Vulcanized Rubber, degrade when exposed to low humidity or temperature changes. That type of rubber will last longer in a refrigerator only if the refrigerator provides a more stable temperature and humidity level than the alternative.

The average person's left hand has 57.7 percent of the keys. As such, the right fingers are busier on a per-key b

Old 02-05-2008, 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

More useless trivia:

Broccolimakes me gassy.

Matt Dillon once asked a friend of mine to do'69' in a car.

A yellowtail snapper bites harder than an ostrich.

No ****?! Matt Dillon wanted to '69' me in a car too...

Old 02-06-2008, 05:07 AM
Banned

No ****?! Matt Dillon wanted to '69' me in a car too...
Suzanne? Is that you?