Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

All members that are police officers

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: All members that are police officers

As far as grounds for a stop, I got pulled over once for going 25+ in a 25mph zone. No clock, no radar, no nothing. Cop said I looked like I was going 35. After a thorough search and about a 45 minute wait, I was on my merry way with no ticket and no apology.
Last year about this time, I got pulled over going 52 in a 40. At least this time I was actually speeding. I pull over and the cop gets out behind his door with his hand on his gun. Not pulled, just his hand on it. He slowly approaches my car and says "You can't run from the police, boy!".
He swears that with the evidence on his on-board camera he could put me away for running from him. He said he was easily chasing me for 1/2 mile. I explained that I was sorry and I didn't see him. He said "you didn't see me because I was hiding behind the Apex building". Then he gives me the whole "I'm doing you a favor" speech and gives me my ticket. He tells me that if I try to fight it, he'll hit me with the fleeing charges.

Let me add that I have a totally clean record except for a couple speeding tickets. When I was younger, I used to see a cop and think "well, at least I'm safe here". I don't feel that way anymore.

I also saw my buddy's face get slammed on the concrete one time because a town cop thought he was reaching for a gun. We all got searched and let go.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a lot of reasonable, responsible cops on this forum (not me). So if you guys are going to make statements like "I hate all cops" you'd better be prepared for the response.

All "bad cop" stories aside, you're just picking a fight by making those statements. How many times have you heard "I hate guys on motorcycles". It's not a fair statement to make, is it?

Old 05-31-2006, 06:06 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear what you're saying, kiggy, and I wouldn't say I hate cops because I know there are good ones out there.
All I'm saying is that this **** does happen to people on a regular basis and it pisses me off. There are WAY too many of them running around taking advantage of their "position of authority" and treating people pretty badly.

Click it or ticket.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:29 PM

That's life. There's always going to be people like that. But that's a result of the individuals, not all cops.

If you're looking for someone to hate, hate the people at the BMV. I haven't run into too many people there that I like.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:25 PM

While most of my experiences with police havent been good. I have to say there ARE a few good ones out their trying to do their job who dont appreciate being called names, or thrown into a generalization that all cops are bad. they're just trying to earn a living like everyone else. so long as they dont give me trouble, I'm happy.

it tends to be simple not to have problems though when your local town police could give two s--ts as long as you aint wavin an AK around in your vehicle.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

This is not meant as a post to **** on cops. It is directed to our "fellow riders" whose day or night jobs are law enforcement. No disrespect; good, bad, or indifferent I would like just for our badge carring peeps to post here. I'm not asking about running but for the most part I ride about 95% of the time tucked and when I look back over my shoulder it might apear that I will run. So please no fighting just looking for some straight answers. If you can't answer this question then I'm not asking you.
Thanks.

Did any of you read this or even care?????

Old 06-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cannot speak for civilian police officers, but when I was an MP working the roads on post if we were ever faced with someone running in a car or bike we just radio to all the MP's on the gates and have the post locked down, no one in or out and would take care of them that way. However, no one ever really gets stupid while on post and they respect where they are so they stop when they are supposed to as far as bikes are concerned there are a lot of people in my company that have bikes and I dont know any other MP that doesnt like to give it hell once and a while.....if you know what I mean. Like I said before I cannot speak for the civilian side of things, but we understand that a lot of people in the Army or military for that matter have bikes and we do too so there isnt any real grudge held more towards a bike than a car. The biggest issue that I have seen is people driving through post with there kids laying in the back window or not in a child seat....those are the things that drive me crazy!!!!!! I have however had a civilian police officer fall in behind me on my way to work before and I was in uniform and on my bike, and he just pulled up next to me and said nice bike...

Old 06-04-2006, 05:21 AM

sounds like kilgoretrout was denied acceptance into the academy

as for the original question- i think all departments have their own policy. the dept i work for does not have a motorcycle pursuit policy. it's a use your own judgement sort of thing. it all depends on the situation. i know that a bike with a good rider can easily get away- and a bike with a bad rider will probably end up dead- so to me it is not really worth it.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:57 AM

Around here the local cops don't bug us at all over anything it seems like. The other day I did a burn out in front of my house then flew around the corner shifting through 3 gears and screaming it in a 35mph zone. A cop came up from nowhere on my *** and followed me a couple blocks and went on his way.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:42 AM

I am a police officer and the california post training states that the fleeing suspects crime should be weighed by the danger that the chase will cause! That Ca. training. The chase is up to the officers descretion