Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Corrupt Officers? No Way!!! LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corrupt Officers? No Way!!! LOL!

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/200...1/18492221.php

The writer is a prisoner/journalist. I'm not sure about his credibility, but the same can be said of any journalist, so it's not only because he's a prisoner. I'd especially like to hear thoughts from those of you in this line of work.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Default RE: Corrupt Officers? No Way!!! LOL!

Consider the source. An inmate seeking to embarassor discredit the system. Speaking from experience working with imates in a maximum security facility,theyhave 24 hours a day to think up this bull****. They know the system better than a lot of the guards...understand the reactions a note like the one mentioned will generate and use the reaction to distract staff from what is really going on.
Think of it this way,these are the people who when on the outside break all of societys rules. Liars, murderers, rapists, child molesters, thieves ... the list goes on. They are concentrated in these holding facilities to have time taken away for their misdeeds.Rehabilitation is a myth. Wespend millions of dollars giving these people a time out.
Some of these people areextremely manipulative. Ifthey are able to get you to break a rule, even a minor infraction, they can get their hooks into you.And yes, some guards fall for the ruse. Once the inmate gets something, its get me what I want or else. Loose your job, reputation, even join them in jail.
Searches in jail are part of prision life. Strip searches are common. Having contraband and excess property removed is common. Contraband is just that, stuff that is not allowed. Excess property is not discarded, it is placed in their property under lock and key.
Notes about weapons are taken seriously, so are notes from inmates that feel they are under threat from other inmates. When they are recieved, the situation has to be assessed. Is there any credibility? Who is in danger from who? Will moving them from their current housing to another unit resolve the problem or just present them with an opportunity to get at someone on another unit? Why do they want to move?
As far as where does the contraband come from goes... some inmates should have a samsonite logo on their forehead. They put more stuff up their *** than you can imagine. It is the only place that doesnt get searched regularly. It comes in through food suppliers, laundry, contractors, visitors and many other sources.
Another thing to remember is that they have their own criminal world. They dont think like you and me. It is not a big deal to them todo a short bit to pay off a debt...Bring the boys in some drugs or a weapon or a cell phone or smokes. It gives a whole new meaning to bum a smoke.
Like I stated earlier they have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to come up with this stuff. They are manipulative, not stupid.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:43 PM

hes complaining that the search for a weapon in a prison is not on the news and that two people who escaped from jail (regardless of the security level) are i cant find a smily that rolls his eyes enough.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:00 PM

He is an inmate. Not getting enough press? Can you see my tears welling up for him? Boo hoo.
Escapes directly affect the public...they need to know. If inmate 267456 has a hangnail thats not news. If his zip gun goes off and shoots him in the ***, that is not news. If his cellmate finds his stash while driving the hersy highway that is not news. If four inmates beat another inmate nearly to death...no news. If an inmate slashes his own throat and wrists...
That is life in prision. It is not a nice place to go. Dont expect that the events inside the jail to make the news unless there is an escape or riot.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good lord

Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 PM

Wait... so NOTHING happened? They found a bullet.. searched some areas.. no zip gun found. Wheres the news? If the gun was recovered maybe something.. but why go at length to describe all of this in so much detail when it really all amounts to nothing.

Whoopdeedoo... they found a bullet.. and then the writer complains about how this didnt hit the news. I know a couple of people who have been on the inside.. Ive currently got one friend doing time in jail (yea, not prison) but hes told me a lot about how the other inmates complain about how the jail in our county is worse than other places they have done time. A LOT of stuff is smuggled into this place though.. so a bullet might be possible :/ Who knows.. a guard might have just dropped it as well. I woke up with a .45 bullet in my bed this morning.. lol dunno where it came from but you know. When you have the things around a lot they sometimes just get thrown places where no gun would be.