Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

600cc vs 1000cc or something in between

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007 | 02:14 PM
Default RE: 600cc vs 1000cc or something in between

oooh...the grass is greener on the otherside eh? just be content that you have a bike and can ride!!!!!!!!
i've had my F4i for 5 years now...yea it was my first and i've gone through great times with it...and it's been perfect for any type of riding i want to do...around town...long distance rides, canyons and track. some of the things i've learned...
1. should've started smaller.
2. always be humble. you're most confident about 5 seconds right before you crash.
3. it's not the bike that can't perform, it's the rider.
4. There really isn't a need for more CC's or more up to date technology. If i can't spank and ride to the max what i have now...i won't be able to do the same with another bike.
5. again...it's not the bike...it's the rider.

Old 02-17-2007 | 12:19 AM

You have a lot of good points. Why do you say you wish you would have started smaller? I've always heard 600 was a good starting point. And the reason why I'm content with my bike right now is because I'm nowhere near pushing the limits of the bike. I do have a couple of small things I wish I could change, I've talked about it in other threads. If you've read my new members thread, my wifes family rides a lot too, they don't sport ride, they cruise more. So I figured if I want to ride with them more than I'd have to be more comfortable for longer periods of time. That is why I was considering the VFR. I have also heard that the liter bikes are comfy for a little touring too. But I also know that the F4i is a great combination of comfort and sport. And when I read about the new 600RR, I hear nothing but great things about it, including how comfortable it is. I'm not real interested in the cruiser field, I like the sport look, so I've read a little about the different sport touring bikes. I know that I don't take my bike to it's sport limiting capabilities, so I'm wondering if I would be willing to loose some for comfort. That is why I say I'm not sure what kind of riding I like. At first I didn't think I was the kind of guy who would love leaning the bike, I thought I was more the type to point the bike and shoot. So I looked a little in the Hayabusa, or ZX-14. But after riding more and more I think I'm liking the twisties more than the long straights. Like I said before I'm going to see if some of my friends will let me try their bikes out and a good feel about what I prefer.

Old 02-17-2007 | 02:07 AM

If you are going for long rides, the RR is NOT the way to go. It is not made for comfort. The Interceptor is a great bike. I have ridden the quiet a bike. Thats was the PD had when I worked there. Awesome bikes for what they are. Busas are alright, but would you really want to go that big. And the 14, I think its uncomfortable and fugly, especially with the George Forman grills on the side.

Old 02-17-2007 | 09:58 PM

youre not gonna be able to ride that 1k wide open like a 600, no one needs a 1000, unless youre just looking to say "hey i have a 1000, look at me"

right on tahoe.

Old 02-17-2007 | 10:26 PM

Yeah, I don't like how the ZX-14 looks either, but I keep reading great things about it. As for the liter bikes, A lot of my friends have liter bikes, they keep asking me when I'm going to upgrade. My response is that I don't push the limits of the 600 so I don't need to move up yet. Right now, I'm happy with my bike, I just need to remember to be content with my bike.

I think I have my mind set, I'm going to stick with the 600cc bike I have. I know I have a good bike! There are some changes I want to make to it. I'm thinking the Corbin seats will help with the longer riding part. I have also been looking at throttlemiesters for some cruise control on the longer trips. And I like the practicality of the Corbin Smuggler. I ride to work as much as I can and when I'm packing a lunch I have to carry a back pack, So If I had the smuggler I could just throw my lunch in there and not worry about the back pack. My opinions of its looks is neutral, I don't think it looks great, and I don't think it looks horrible but it is expensive. My bike was originally red and black, but I got the fairings on it painted black. I want to change out the red windscreen and seat. I'm thinking of a black and white color scheme, but I'm still not sure. The red and black gives it kind of a "crazy" look. I looked into frame sliders and they seem like a good idea, but after doing some research it looks like I'd have to make some cuts into the fairing and I don't know if its worth the hassle. If anyone would like to share their opinions on some of the ideas I have feel free to share...

[IMG]local://upfiles/13916/46E77C90330641D59EC2CC08994B216A.jpg[/IMG]