1000cc, 08, SHOULD I WAIT ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1000cc, 08, SHOULD I WAIT ?

Hey everyone !

Please advice me how is it with newly introduced models ?How's Honda's record in reference to this ?

Do some manufacture quirks come out within a short time ? How was it when 04 - 05 / 06 -07 came out, did the 04 / 06 have problems that were eliminated by Honda in 05/07 models ? Should I wait till 09 to consider this bike ? I certainly don't want it to be a lemon :/

Thanx so much for your post

Phil

Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 08, SHOULD I WAIT ?

ORIGINAL: philnyc

Hey everyone !

Please advice me how is it with newly introduced models ?How's Honda's record in reference to this ?

Do some manufacture quirks come out within a short time ? How was it when 04 - 05 / 06 -07 came out, did the 04 / 06 have problems that were eliminated by Honda in 05/07 models ? Should I wait till 09 to consider this bike ? I certainly don't want it to be a lemon :/

Thanx so much for your post

Phil
Well for starters depends on what ur looking for..cruisers ? sportsbike? Honda sportsbike are pretty much known for their performance, stability and reliablity. In terms of the quirks ifur referring to the warranty..well you'll have the basic warranty that comes with the bike however you can pay for an extended warranty. From what I can recall, the 04 and 05' CBR 1000's have some issues with the stator and rectifier which tend to not work on or about 15k miles (happen to my 04' but only the rectifier), the 06' model had an issue with the tank having faulty wielding however Honda recalled it and were taking care of it but don't know about the 07' models. Haven't heard anything unless somebody has had recall issues. I guess with time, research and development, they (Honda) are looking to improve the quality of their machines and I think the newCBR brings that to the table ..but again we'll see !! So far all the reviews are kudos !!

Really believe that Honda dissected the prior problems and corrected em'.

Honda seems to change and make revisions every four years so what u see know is likely what ur get for the next four years so its ur choice...

Lemon?.. carefully review and explore what you buy before you buy !!!!

hope this helps...

Old 04-15-2008, 03:58 PM

Well for starters depends on what ur looking for..cruisers ? sportsbike?
Many thanx for that write up Yeah I'm totally referring to the all new CBR1000RR . Saw it again at the dealer's and compared it to the 07 model. I think I'd like to go w/ the 08 . It's a slick bike that just doesn't look good on pictures, but then again which other honda bike does ?

Old 04-15-2008, 04:53 PM

don't wait, get now b4 it's all gone. my 1st honda. i love it. i only put on 200 miles so far so good. can't wait til the break in is over. u will not be disappointed.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:16 PM

Dont wait, get one if you can. I just got through the first five hundred and its about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. Its a dream bike.

Good luck and enjoy. PS Its a Honda so dont ***** it when running in.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

It's a slick bike that just doesn't look good on pictures, but then again which other honda bike does ?

I know my bike looks good

There have been a few little problems here and there from all the manufacturers, but i would think your safe to get one. I like to wait a year for improvements and bugs to be worked out, and mainly i like the aftermarket to catch up. I hate having a bike i cant do anything with. However that being said thats just me, i would not hesitate at all to get one for any of the reasons you listed.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...yeah i agree with the waiting for aftermarket parts... can't do anything until thye' aftermarket companies" work on a prototype. Anyways Phil, as you've heard its a dream bike and totally agree.

Luv it so much...I just completed 818 miles and had my first service and did a little aftermarket here and there...

Have fun ....

Old 04-16-2008, 07:59 AM

Liter bikes change every 2 years..buy now or you'll be behind the times! No trust in Honda quality?

Old 04-16-2008, 05:50 PM

don't wait, get now b4 it's all gone.
Teddi, you sound like a stealer in a rush of closing. The economy sucks beside the lucky few guys, ppl ain't buying brand new bikes now days. They are saving their houses from repo men coming down Man that sucks
Away from that, I never had a chance to ride the 06 - 07 , awesome for those guys who rode the 2 bikes. Funny how everybody (including myself) ****ed dwn on the 08 when they saw it the first time online or in a magazine and now they praise it . LOL ( ! )

Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I stand by my word, i still think its fugly. Although sounds like it rides awsome.

Quick Reply: 1000cc, 08, SHOULD I WAIT ?