Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

the 5-0 caught be yanking a wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. Well unlike everyone else i've had several tickets for a wheelie, my fav was wreckless driving and in parenthesis said "on one wheel" also i've gootan acceleration of speed for a wheelie, uhmm and impeding traffic since me and afew buds had to slow up the cars to get a good clear road ahead of me. But now ima try the parkin lot stuff for a bit.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:53 AM

I hear ya skooby you get a scooby snack for that one.

Adolph I'll let you be an expert witness on this subject. I really would rather learn from others in regards to tickets. The closest I have come is a warning on excessive use of speed. Meaning that I excellerated too fast from the stop light which could have been perceived as an attempt to race.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:48 PM

such a rebel cman

Old 05-29-2009, 12:56 PM

Sorry VT that I don't have the desire to break the law.
I may not like all the laws, but I obey it for my sake and the benefit of others.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:58 PM

A simple wheelie in the right area isn't the end of the world-live a little.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:25 PM

If I'm do a wheelie in the right area then I'm not breaking the law now am I.
That is not what this thread is about, it is about doing a wheelie in the wrong area and the results of said action.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Theres alot of guys who put on all this fake goody goody attitude, how is it that sum can know whether its dangerous or scary to do wheelies. They wouldnt know that if they hadnt tried it once or twice. C'mon at least some of us on here dont lie about it. And just incase the ones that r about to post up sayin they've tried it but in like a parking lot or somtin, anyone who can do wheelies bad *** would know that doin them on public or non public roads is a hell of alot different than doin it in a parking lot. Granted i can do it for miles on a road, but when it comes to the slow stuff in a parking lot, u need sum real skill, and it would b pretty damn difficult to do it without a 3rd brake and a sprocket. So those that say do it in a parking lot dont know wat theyre talkin bout. I know that i aint even skilled enough to hold a wheelie or even get it at 12 o'clock goin under 20mph. Before sum of you object y we do it on open roads u need to know wat your talkin bout!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 PM

On the open road once in awhile is alright.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:45 PM

I tell you right now that I have not nor have the desire to do wheelies. I'm not trying to put on some front, there are more mature and less mature people on this site.

I have friends that do them all day long down the road. I have parking lots plenty big enough to go and do that sort of thing, but I perfer to watch. I grew in Florida and most recently lived in Metro Atlanta. I have been around Sport Bikes since my dad brought home a brand new CBR F2 in Jan of 1992.

I have seen first hand what a little over confindence will bring you.

I am very safety minded. If Jason Britton has broken bones many times what makes you think you are safer or better that a pro.

I'm already missnig body parts for not following safety rules. I'm set and have nothing to prove.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:53 PM

Well everyones got there opinion, and i dont think people that wheelie have anything to prove, granted a few might, but as for me, i specifically bought my bike because i wanted to wheelie it. I was already tryin to wheelie within the first week of buying and learning how to ride. But thats me, i didnt buy my bike to just ride or cruise, which is ok at times, but thats not for me.

Quick Reply: the 5-0 caught be yanking a wheelie