Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

40% chance of rain

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007 | 09:21 PM
Default 40% chance of rain

Dont't ya love it when you get up to ride to work to the sound of distant thunder. Thats how my monday started. So i drag my lazy *** out of bed at 4:00 am and check the weather to see if i want to wake my girl up to drive me to work. Looked at the ever handy weather.com. 40% chance of islolated thunderstorms mostly in the morning. So i say to myself what the hell if they are supposed to end by the afternoon and it's not raining yet nor does the radar show much in the area. I should be fine to ride the bike to work(trucks in the shop). Yeah nice and dry all the way to work. 45 min. into my day it started raining and poured for a friggin hour at least. I do dilivery work and got soaked clean through. You ever walk in wet shoes all day. I suggest trying it sometime. Plus my bike got poured on. Isolated thunderstorm my ***. By far a weather man is the best job ever. Hell you got to just be in the ball park of right. These are the days that moving to florida sounds o so good. Sad thing is the weather forcast is worse for tomorrow.

Old 08-06-2007 | 09:28 PM
Default RE: 40% chance of rain

hahaha, oh man that sucks.... i'm laughing cuz ive done it, i feel ya. but ya know.... its not so bad, i dont intentionally ride in the rain but it happens a lot. i just get mad when my helmet gets wet! sorry ur feet got wet bro, dry the clothes, wash the bike and wait for it to happen again

Old 08-06-2007 | 09:35 PM

Ive done that before i decided to take the high way i40 instead of Hwy 66 look it up they run parellel about 6-7 miles apart and my house is in the middle i race to the highway to go where i need to go. Once i got on the on ramp and ungodly amount of rain hit me and i ended up soaking through my jacket shoes shirts. i had water dripping from my arms down my back. needless to say i was an unhappy camper because when i went home i took 66 and it never even rained over there.....

Old 08-07-2007 | 02:26 AM

thats what happens when you live in missery. I love california. has not rained here in over a year. (trust me the three or so inches we got here this year did not come in the form of rain.)

Old 08-07-2007 | 02:36 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Sympathize with your plight and have been experiencing the walking around part in supposedly G.I. waterproof boots for damn near 4 weeks and pretending to love it. As far as getting caught on the bike in the rain. I suggest a well-made rain suit. I carry one at all times in a tailbag and a good set of leathers will offer decent protection, but not in a drowning like you got. I personally will also roll the dice on anything under a 70% chance of rain , but always go well prepared ( PPE )and those wonderful weather forecasters have the best job in the world. They get paid whether they are right or wrong, I wish we all had it that easy

Old 08-07-2007 | 07:36 AM

it seems i ride to work, its beautiful, and when teh afternoon rolls around and its time to go home, its a steady downpour....wonderful for my 35 minute ride home. on saturday i had to go back to the dealer which is about an hour and 10 minutes away...halfway there, it was coming down in buckets, literally saoked through everything instantly, my shoes full of water jacket soaked through pants, everything.....fun fun stuff.....gotta love maine weather.

Old 08-07-2007 | 11:57 AM

welll i know alot of texas has been getting poured on for over a month and hopefully the end of it is comming soon. but ill take rain over snow and ice any day! i hate the friggin cold

Old 08-07-2007 | 04:11 PM

I work outside, i despise the weatherman. Your better off looking at the sky and making a judgement call.

Old 08-12-2007 | 09:32 PM

How do you guys get wet unless your constantly stopping at red lights. I ride 25 miles to work rain or shine. I wear a tour master jacket that is pretty water proof, but that doesn't matter because only my shoulders get wet anyway. My visor gets wet and wants to fog but i just open it a crack and it's fine. I just sit back in the seat tuck my legs in tight and sit my ponch on the gas tank. When i get to work and take my jacket off i'm completely dry. I guess Maybe i'ts because there is only one stop light on my way to work, and most of the commute is going 80mph down I 5

Old 08-12-2007 | 10:28 PM

mine's going 25 through town. You ride 80 in the rain? You really trust your tires man. If it's raining i mostly get wet while at work. I work outside. Getting soaked on the bike doesn't bother me if it's on the way home. Just makes for a crappy day when it starts like that. That and the fact that there is only one good place to park my bike at work and it's not that good of a spot. Just the best spot there is. No shade, If it rains it's sitting in a puddle and gets dust all over it. the only good thing is nobody can hit it without taking out a fence post or the corner of a building. Plus it's not very visible from the road and people from work are always walking past it so it would be hard to steal. I work 10-14 hour days so it sits all by it's self pretty much all day.