Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I've seen way too many of them...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've seen way too many of them...

Again tonight...another bike down. This time both rider and passenger off in the ambulance by the time I got there, can't even get the story about what happened because 1 guys unconcious and the other doesn't even remember being on the bike at all.The guy who took them out fled the scene,and dumped the car a few blocks away. He pulled the plates off the car, scratched off the reg. sticker and ran away. I foundone of his headlights atthe accident scene, and a piece of the bike fairing stuck in the front of the car. The thing about this now is that the 2 guys in the hospital are all f-ed up, and the a-hole that hit him isn't even going to be found. After the however long that it takes for their recovery, the bike owner will probably never be able to afford a new bike or the insurance to ride again. After seeing more than I can count of these types of accidents, it still doesn't get any easier when it comes the bikes.

At least tonight, it wasn't a Honda...

Old 08-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Default RE: I've seen way too many of them...

Did the dude take off this VIN number? Theres more than 1 vin number on a car its also one under the hood too.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:56 PM

seriously, the VIN will tell who owns it and where it is registered to. the guy just wasted his time taking off the plates and reg sticker. he will be caught soon.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:27 PM

also the vin is on the door jambs and the trunk gasket. but that is so sad that people do that sh#t

Old 08-13-2007, 12:18 AM

tried all that stuff...unfortunately, the car was never registered in NY state, so the VIN doesn't come back with any info., and the plates that he pulled off were from a different car, possibly stolen plates, so there really won't be any way to prove who was driving. I heard today that the two riders were gonna be OK and that the car was impounded for the investigation, but knowing the NYPD, it won't go too far...