Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

2 of the longest weeks

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 of the longest weeks

so 2 weeks ago i sold my beloved 97 cbr 600 f3 . i had to sacrafice it for $2400 i was forced to sell it to help pay off bills and to fix both my cars. now 2 weeks later i sit here and think was it the right choice ? everyday i drive i see happy *** ppl on motorcycles wether is a ninja 250 or a 1300 cc hayabusa. it makes me miss my bike so bad. the one happy thought is if i can bide my time for a few months i can get a brand new bike ! i just seriously dont know if i can wait that long haha. the only thing that makes me dealing with this is knowing that winter and rain will be here soon , yet i find my self thinking THIS IS CALIFORNIA ! if you dont like the weather give it 4-5 hours and it will be ride time again ! lol. when i 1st started driving my integra again i felt so tense and stressed out. i hate being back in the cage. today it started out cold and looking like it was going to rain then switched to be a gorgeous Day ! ahh ok i guess i should end this now. i wonder if anyone else feels the same after they sold their bike.. i cant imagine the poor people who have their bikes stolen from them. ride safe anyone , ill be back out on the road soon !

Old 10-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Default RE: 2 of the longest weeks

so no other bike??? how sad. i fell your pain.

Old 10-16-2006, 11:45 PM

not for a lil while even though i keep checking the local ads and Craigslist everyday for a good deal. because if i find something i cant pass up i might just have to sell a car lol .. im sure my fiance will understand haha

Old 10-17-2006, 06:47 AM

I feel your angst..i sold my 89 600 and 20 mins after the sale i felt empty..lucky for me i got a deal on my 03 RR and will never be with out a Honda EVER again...its my Chi...LOL...best of luck in the re-acquisition....

Old 10-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks. i used to get that feeling before i had a bike. i wanted one so bad for so long. watching everyone else ride around. its pure horror.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: rrasco

that sucks. i used to get that feeling before i had a bike. i wanted one so bad for so long. watching everyone else ride around. its pure horror.
I wanted a bike, too, more than anything. It took fifteen years to get it! I feel bad for you Havoc, because there is really nothing like riding. It's a truely one of the best sensations...not trying to rub it in, Bro, it's just the truth. Be disciplined, though, and get that new bike in a few months. Get a picture of it, and put it on the dash of your car, the refrigerator, the bathroom mirror, your girlfriends forhead, etc. That way you can have a reminder of what you a sacrificing for...good luck!

Old 10-17-2006, 04:19 PM

thanks everyone. its hard to do but im dealing with it. but everyone in my family has been real supportive they all are willing to help me get whatever bike i want but it will be a lil bit of time. the night i sold my bike it took the buyer 2 hours before he left. he brought 5 ppl with him in 3 different cars. he "bike expert" friend checked it out 1st then rode it. he took the rpms up through all the way into red line holding it steady as he went up , i wanted to hit him so bad ! then after he decided that the bike seemed solid enough then he test rode it and came pullin back up to my house doing a f'in wheelie ! then i was jokin and said how well does she endo and he said very seriously "ok but needs some improvements"i was like wow made me happy i had cash in hand . but the kid who bought my bike was super cool. 20 yrs old 1st bike reminded me of myself lol . i guess thats all we can really hope for when we sell something . is that the buyer will treat our babies like we would ...

Old 10-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he pulled it up on one test riding it?!? my god. you said you had cash in hand right?

Old 10-17-2006, 05:37 PM

yea ! i couldnt believe it myself .. then he said that my clutch was starting to go because when he was doing the wheelie when he started to pull on the clutch he could feel it doing something but for the kid who was buying it he would have no trouble because he was a new learner .. and ofc i had cash in hand