Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Longest Distance I've Been

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Longest Distance I've Been

I went to Orlando and back in a weekend, over 1000 miles to and from. I had only been riding for a month. Pretty crazy when I look back on it. LoL... [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 10-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Longest Distance I've Been

Nice flat spot on the tires now...

That's the only bad thing about long trips, it's hard to do 500 miles plus all on back roads with twisties.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:38 PM

LOL... Yeah, there was a VERY flat spot on the tires. Florida roads straight up suck. Literally.

Old 10-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good job!! I love roadtrips myself... might be doing a weekend trip next weekend up to Ocala. You live in FL?

Old 10-29-2006, 11:38 PM

yeah... panhandle, 40 miles north of Panama City. In a little town called Chipley. Ocala huh? On my way back from Orlando I ran into the Hot Rod Power Tour cars on I-75. Hemi 'Cudas, big block Camaros, Trans Ams, and GTOs. This one guy had a blown Hemi 'Cuda that was almost completlely carbon fiber... He was haulin' and that car was LOUD. I stayed around the group up until about Gainseville when I hit bad rain. That was really an experience, we were cruising at 90 and even up to 100mph most of the time. Fun stuff...

Old 01-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I rode my F3 from Salem, OR to Washington, DC. I took the southern route through California and on over to Phoenix (one ride = 24 hrs). The second leg was from Phoenix to San Antonio (Another 24 hrs). From San Antonio, I went to Columbia, SC (23 hrs)and the last leg was to DC (10 hrs). I did the total trip in four days and was a little tender afterwards. The trip was for the most part uneventful with the exception of one break down in BFE. Luckily there was a bike race down the road and I was able to get back on the road in a few hours. My road trip was worth every red bull and snickers bar.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: marc0011

I rode my F3 from Salem, OR to Washington, DC. I took the southern route through California and on over to Phoenix (one ride = 24 hrs). The second leg was from Phoenix to San Antonio (Another 24 hrs). From San Antonio, I went to Columbia, SC (23 hrs)and the last leg was to DC (10 hrs). I did the total trip in four days and was a little tender afterwards. The trip was for the most part uneventful with the exception of one break down in BFE. Luckily there was a bike race down the road and I was able to get back on the road in a few hours. My road trip was worth every red bull and snickers bar.
WOW!!! In 4 days!!!
[sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 01-31-2007, 11:03 PM

The most I rode in one day was 850 miles.... from Delaware to Michigan. By the time I hit the Michigan boarder, it hurt just to get on and off the bike.... needless to say, I was sore for a few days afterward. But it still was a good trip.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:35 AM

Probably 860-+, and in sleet on the way back. It was a LOT harder on the HD chopper for the same trip.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: matt_m427

yeah... panhandle, 40 miles north of Panama City. In a little town called Chipley. Ocala huh? On my way back from Orlando I ran into the Hot Rod Power Tour cars on I-75. Hemi 'Cudas, big block Camaros, Trans Ams, and GTOs. This one guy had a blown Hemi 'Cuda that was almost completlely carbon fiber... He was haulin' and that car was LOUD. I stayed around the group up until about Gainseville when I hit bad rain. That was really an experience, we were cruising at 90 and even up to 100mph most of the time. Fun stuff...
Huh, thats cool. I am from PCB, but I am in Orlando now. I make that trip about once ever two months on my bike. Pretty much bites (for your **** anyways). The turnpike isnt as straight as everything else, but by no means is it a twisty, lol. There are some nice riding area back home though, around PCB. Vernon, Highway 20, FBR. All pretty nice. I'll be up there for Spring Break

Quick Reply: Longest Distance I've Been