New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Seeking guidance and opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking guidance and opinions!

Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking like crazy what route I want to go....as eager as I am to get back on and get comfortable ride ring again, I want to do this right from the start! I don't want to have to teardown again later. So I'm looking to u guys for advice n help......let me tell u my plans so then u can tell me I'm crazy or my vision is great. I want the bike to look as new as it came off the factory line, anywhere I can save money would be great since I wasn't born with a silver spoon, the motor has 34000 miles on it as I saw nothing leaking n motor still feels strong so in the maintenance aspect want to take care of all I need to since I'm tearing down to clean and rebuild, oh I forgot to mention the previous owner prior to my friend looked like he was fabricating a turbo kit for the bike cause it has one....don't get me wrong sounds cool as hell but way too much lag on take off so that is why I need complete exhaust. Once again I'm so eager to ride that is why I'm looking for a stock system but also want to make this bike a custom??? Before I get into the overall details of my plan I figure let's go question by question.....since u can get how eager I am in riding again and basically how clean and the direction I plan for the bike where and what should I do? Do I really have to take the bike completely apart to get that factory clean I want? And to help with my vision wat trick parts swapping can I do? Like thei think F4I single tailpipe out the middle under seat look! Can't really tell the difference in 2000/2001+ fairings any suggestions? But my biggest plan and costly from what I can see is I always wanted the FAT TIRE CONVERSION!!!!! Help me thanks!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

uh, you're contradicting yourself. do you want a clean stock bike or a custom bike with tons of mods? sounds like that bike has had some fab/mod work already. you can continue to completely mod it out and make it custom, of return it to a basically stock bike with some good performance mods. your choice, just decide which way you want to go and stick with it. be aware that those custom mods you're speaking of will be costly. your vision is crazy....but maybe just the right amount of crazy!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard!

Yep, you've got some choices to make. Just set your self on path & go for it!

Old 03-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for some direction. Just real hard to decide cause I want to ride now and I want to go custom so that may take some time due to funds. So my path is chosen will keep u guys updated thanks!